Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By bizzyqu
  • 1 Post By bizzyqu
  • 1 Post By H A W K
  • 2 Post By Brutal Efficiency
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Siri unable to tell me when the sun will rise tomorrow

Siri will not tell me when the sun will rise tomorrow, she says I don't know when sunrise is tomorrow, today it was at (whatever time) So why can't Siri tell me this? I can get Siri to tell me when the moon will rise and set with no problems...

Global Posts
    15,798 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Siri unable to tell me when the sun will rise tomorrow

I just asked Siri the same thing. I wonder if it has to do with the time change this weekend.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    Siri will not tell me when the sun will rise tomorrow, she says I don't know when sunrise is tomorrow, today it was at (whatever time) So why can't Siri tell me this? I can get Siri to tell me when the moon will rise and set with no problems...
    My suggestion would be to provide feedback to Apple:

Apple - iPhone - Feedback
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina

Global Posts
    11,906 Global Posts
    iOS Version

There are apps for that... I'd get one of those.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Nanite

Hi Keith, yeah I get that and I do have many apps that do that but, it seems strange that it can tell me when the sun rose this morning but not the next day, also it seems to be able to tell me when it will rain in the future so I guess I don't understand why something that seems so simple is not to Siri. She can pull up sites with info but its a simple request I believe and I think she should be able to handle it. Michael
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts

Name:  zoidberg-hooray-494x394.jpeg
Views: 457
Size:  31.7 KB
    Siri unable to tell me when the sun will rise tomorrow-img_20131178.png
    Thanked by:
    Brutal Efficiency (11-04-2013), ghundiraj (11-03-2013)
    ghundiraj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzyqu View Post
    Name:  zoidberg-hooray-494x394.jpeg
Views: 457
Size:  31.7 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131178.png 
Views:	388 
Size:	128.3 KB 
ID:	41575
    That's ... Simply.... Amazing. I need to sell this iPhone now and go get me a z10. Now after you take your battery out of the back of the phone so you can restart it because that picture you uploaded probably froze the device up, let me know what other cool things this bad boy can do.
    " Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that , who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!"
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H A W K View Post
    That's ... Simply.... Amazing. I need to sell this iPhone now and go get me a z10. Now after you take your battery out of the back of the phone so you can restart it because that picture you uploaded probably froze the device up, let me know what other cool things this bad boy can do.
    If you must know, the picture was automatically uploaded to my synced box folder on my desktop and I posted from there
    Though I did just remove my battery.....because it was dead and I replaced it with a fresh one (now where did I put that zoidberg picture)
    Thanked by:
    ghundiraj (11-03-2013)
    ghundiraj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzyqu View Post
    If you must know, the picture was automatically uploaded to my synced box folder on my desktop and I posted from there
    Though I did just remove my battery.....because it was dead and I replaced it with a fresh one (now where did I put that zoidberg picture)
    That's pretty awesome! Now if only blackberry could figure out how to make themselves relevant without using apple and android for a marketing tool on their bbm service as a way to make people show interest in their phones they may go somewhere. By the way everything you mentioned can be done on a 160.00 galaxy ace pay as you go phone. Just sayin...
    " Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that , who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!"
    Fausty82 likes this.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

That's pretty awesome! Now if only blackberry could figure out how to make themselves relevant without using apple and android for a marketing tool on their bbm service as a way to make people show interest in their phones they may go somewhere. By the way everything you mentioned can be done on a 160.00 galaxy ace pay as you go phone. Just sayin...
    Rut roh.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    969 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H A W K
    By the way everything you mentioned can be done on a 160.00 galaxy ace pay as you go phone. Just sayin...
    Yet, not on an iPhone.
    Thanked by:
    bizzyqu (11-04-2013), ghundiraj (11-04-2013), nyry (11-04-2013)
    nyry and ghundiraj like this.

It doesn't have a removable battery nope... But Apple replaces the whole device if there is an issue, and can even afford to hire people to answer the phones ( imagine that ). And I used a low end galaxy as an example, of course an iPhone can send pictures to a computer wirelessly c'mon now you can't be that in the dark over there in blackberry land. In fact I can even send pictures I've edited with Instagram ( an app for iPhone and android ) to my computer as well. Pretty sharp hey!
    Fact if the matter is why do you blackberry guys come in here and troll when someone is asking a legit question that something is wrong with their device or iOS? Like you guys are using some super phone that the world has yet heard of? I understand the android guys I really do they have some strong arguments and they have some strong devices... Blackberry c'mon man that's like someone using a Nintendo going into an xbox one forum and throwing little digs in. Blackberry has nothing that iPhone doesn't other than a keyboard, and a falling stock that unless bbm being used on the iPhone or android can make them a bit of money off advertising.. Maybe... But probably not is going to die. Like it or not blackberry is a walking dead man just wait and see. Now excuse me I'm going to go back to watching Netflix on my phone ( another app that we have on iPhone and android ), so please save me the blackberry sh*t.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    969 Global Posts

It doesn't have a removable battery nope... But Apple replaces the whole device if there is an issue, and can even afford to hire people to answer the phones ( imagine that ).
    You don't know the value of a removable battery? It's not because if the battery dies, it is to get you through an intensive day. Mostly for travelling. You know, because after 4 hours, your iPhone will die, and then you're stuck until you find a powerpoint. Battery life is one of the most common complaints about most smartphones. A removable battery can *help* the situation.

And I used a low end galaxy as an example, of course an iPhone can send pictures to a computer wirelessly c'mon now you can't be that in the dark over there in blackberry land.
    By the way, the way BlackBerry 10 synchs to a PC/Mac and can wirelessly move files is worlds different than an iPhone. It is also more advanced in that respect.

In fact I can even send pictures I've edited with Instagram ( an app for iPhone and android ) to my computer as well. Pretty sharp hey!
    You mean that app I just downloaded, on my BlackBerry!?

Fact if the matter is why do you blackberry guys come in here and troll when someone is asking a legit question that something is wrong with their device or iOS? Like you guys are using some super phone that the world has yet heard of? I understand the android guys I really do they have some strong arguments and they have some strong devices... Blackberry c'mon man that's like someone using a Nintendo going into an xbox one forum and throwing little digs in.
    This is not the same as going to an XBOX One forum if you are a Nintendo fan. This is Mobile Nations. iMore is a branch of Mobile Nations, not a standalone website.

Blackberry has nothing that iPhone doesn't other than a keyboard
    ROFL my waffle!!!! Joking??

Do you at least mean the innovative touchscreen keyboard, or the physical one? Both just a small percentage of what we have that you don't have.

, and a falling stock
    Yeah, we have falling stock. We share that trait with Apple. Apple, the company that lost revenue from last year on ALL of its lines except iTunes and iPhone.

that unless bbm being used on the iPhone or android can make them a bit of money off advertising.. Maybe... But probably not is going to die. Like it or not blackberry is a walking dead man just wait and see.
    We'll see...
    How many iOS and Android users just downloaded BlackBerry software in the last two weeks? Over 20 million, wasn't it????

Now excuse me I'm going to go back to watching Netflix on my phone ( another app that we have on iPhone and android ), so please save me the blackberry sh*t.
    An app I sideloaded on my BlackBerry, I just don't use it, so deleted it.

BlackBerry has nothing the iPhone doesn't?

Have you ever used a BlackBerry before???? I don't think so.
    Thanked by:
    georgia_louise (11-04-2013)

Global Posts
    7,230 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Back on topic everyone!
    Thanked by:
    Brutal Efficiency (11-04-2013)
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    969 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    Back on topic everyone!
    Sorry about that!!
    iMore Nanite

Brutal Efficiency you bloody legend...
    That's all
    iEd
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,029 Global Posts
    iOS Version

#Naked Tuesday
    Stevie Jobs was the illest and-droid is played out like Arnold wondering "What you talking about Willis?"
    iMore Nanite

That is pure gold. OMG you are an absolute legend. That guys knows shot about BB and thinks he can talk apple up like that?? I don't think so

Global Posts
    7,230 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by georgia_louise View Post
    That is pure gold. OMG you are an absolute legend. That guys knows shot about BB and thinks he can talk apple up like that?? I don't think so
    Back on topic please.

Ok so you still only have a removable battery? You side load apps that blackberry doesn't have? And you still can move things wirelessly to your computer after all that?... Congrats you legend you. Lol

Sorry I'll stop now cause Karens right we are off topic and honestly this is going nowhere in a hurry

And for the record, I really did give blackberry 10 a chance.. I even purchased the q10 on release day to try it out but found it to be a fail. So yes I have tried a blackberry. If I knew who you blackberry people were I would honestly give this phone too you no joke.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1383576553.789021.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  41.1 KB
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    969 Global Posts

Ok so you still only have a removable battery? You side load apps that blackberry doesn't have? And you still can move things wirelessly to your computer after all that?... Congrats you legend you. Lol

Sorry I'll stop now cause Karens right we are off topic and honestly this is going nowhere in a hurry
    An Instagram native client is in beta at the moment. I have sideloaded the Android version. I will be replacing it with the Native BlackBerry 10 version in the next 24 hours I hope.

Okay, sorry. It just felt that you didn't give BlackBerry 10 a chance. Perhaps there are just a lot of things that were a little difficult to figure out at first (I know there was), but BlackBerry 10 has a lot to offer. I can help you explore your Q10 via PM or BBM (pin:2ADA18D9) if you'd like. I'm sure we'd both enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by Brutal Efficiency View Post
    An Instagram native client is in beta at the moment. I have sideloaded the Android version. I will be replacing it with the Native BlackBerry 10 version in the next 24 hours I hope.

Okay, sorry. It just felt that you didn't give BlackBerry 10 a chance. Perhaps there are just a lot of things that were a little difficult to figure out at first (I know there was), but BlackBerry 10 has a lot to offer. I can help you explore your Q10 via PM or BBM (pin:2ADA18D9) if you'd like. I'm sure we'd both enjoy it
    Thanks, I appreciate the offer but I'm loving the new iOS 7 and the 5s. That being said I apologize if I came across as a bit bitter but seems there are some ( not all ) blackberry users in here that can't wait to jump at the chance to slam iPhone down to the ground the second someone posts that they have a problem. I'm sure you guys have iPhone users that do the same at crack berry. Let's just agree to disagree and keep it mature in here.

Global Posts
    7,230 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Back on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    Back on topic.
    Yeah that's what I was getting at