my iphone 5c keeps deleting my contacts when I save a new one!

I

iMore Question

Have two problems with my iphone 5c which are driving me mad!

When I save a new contact into my phone if I get via a text message or phone call instead of typing it in then it deletes my previous contacts.

Also, my yahoo email will not work consistently on this phone and if I delete it to reload it then I lose all of my calendar.

Had phone a month and already phone vodafone about this but am thinking I may just have a faulty phone?

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, can't think of any reason why saving one phone number would delete the other, but have try syncing the phone with ITunes. If you use iCloud and if so, are contacts being dropped from there also.

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Did you try restarting the iPhone? Be sure to make a full backup of your iPhone contacts before you take any additional action. Here's how to backup:

http://www.copytrans.net/support/how-to-back-up-iphone-contacts/

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
When you save the contact from the text or phone call it asks you do you want to "Create a new contact" or "Add to exisiting contact". If you click create a new contact and there is already one there then I can see where it might over write the other one. So are you adding a new contact but when you check back it disappears?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2