iPhone 4 screen bugging out after replacement

I

iMore Question

Here's the deal. I dropped my phone a while back and the screen cracked. I finally decided about a week ago to try and replace the screen myself. I did this and at first everything looked great (apart from 1 pixel that appeared to be burnt out. I didn't find it worth the hassle to take apart, send back, wait for a new one, and reassemble.) However, shortly after, my screen began having some issues. it started with the image shaking up and down and the banner from the top of the screen would show up at the bottom. the next part is hard to explain, and since Idon't have a camera handy and I can't use my phone, for obvious reasons, I'll have to try to explain it. on almost any screen, whether it be homepage, an app, etc., these it sort of stretches the images on screen. it takes a spot on the screen and extends that in a line to either side. So many of these appear at once that the screen can sometimes be unreadable due to colored lines all over the place. (I know, the explanation may be awful, but if it has ever happened to you, you might know what I mean.) finally, the latest problem, is that any screen that has either a lot of white (such as a browser) or a ton of color (nearly any picture) the colors all get washed out. it turns a very bright white and any colors almost look inverted. And when this happens, sometimes the screen just goes black. the backlight stays on and the touchscreen still works soI can still use it, but it's difficult when I can't see anything. duh. again, I would give a picture of the color issue if i had a camera. If any of you have ever had this, you might understand what I'm talking about. I've heard it may just be a connection issue and simply disassembling and reconnecting all the cables may fix it, but I don't want to go through that if it won't help. So, if anyone nows what I'm talking about and have had the same or a similar problem, please help. I hate not being able to use my phone properly.

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
My suggestion is to change the screen. It sounds like you purchased faulty hardware. Depending on where you bought it, a return might still be possible. That's the risk we take when we use aftermarket parts. Sometimes we get bad ones. Been there myself a time or two. Short of that, an upgrade might be in order. Prices are falling all over the place for used iPhones, and some retailers are discounting phones like the 5c even further than the standard contract price. It's worth a look I think.

SillySandoon

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Alright. I was thinking about trading my phone in anyway. I plan on making the switch to android so I'm planning on going to best buy. I heard if you bring them your phone they give you store credit for it.t would at least be worth seeing what I could get for it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77