Deleting photo albums from an iphone5

I

iMore Question

I have several photo albums that were on my old phone (Droid Global) and on my laptop that have been put on my iphone. I am wanting to take those off to free up space. I have tried the tutorials for going through iTunes but nothing seems to make a difference. Can someone offer step-by-step instructions on how to do this please? Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Initiate the Photos app
2. Tap on "Albums at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap on "Edit" in the upper right corner.
4. Tap on the RED circle with in minus sign inside next the the albums you want to delete from your device.
5. Tap on "Delete" and then tap on "Delete Album(s)" at the bottom of the screen
​6. When you're done, tap on "Done" in the upper right corner.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The steps JustMe'D put will only delete albums created on the phone. Since the OP said the albums are coming from the laptop then you have three choices. You can delete the albums on the laptop and sync the phone. You can change the location that is being used to sync photos to the phone or you can change what folders are being synced to the phone. The steps are

Connect to itunes
Select your iPhone
In the right column select "Photos"
Select "sync Photos"
Then you can select the location to use to sync the photos, if this is already set to a location you can browse to a different location (Option 2)
iTunes.png
or
Select "Selected Folders" you will see a list of all the folders in the location (Option 3)
Uncheck whatever you don't want on the phone
iTunes1.png

Perform a sync

Jack Keathley

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I followed those steps and I was able to delete one album. I have 10 more albums that I want to delete but there is no red circle! What now???

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2