No speaker icon on iPad mini

I

iMore Question

Hi. Can anyone help with my problem? I can't see the speaker icon on my iPad to enable me to play ITunes via Airplay through my hi-fi, I think this has only happened since the recent update.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
in iOS7, AirPlay controls can be found in the Control Center initiated by tapping/swiping up from the bottom of the display.

squiery

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Thanks for you reply. Yes I've tried that and there's no speaker icon there. It's visible on my laptop but not on the ipad mini. I was always able to play Itunes from the ipad and it seems to have disappeared since the upgrade. Is it possibly my. quite ancient, base station model A1088.
Thanks

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There is no "speaker" icon.

First of all, swipe up on the screen from just above the home button.
Now tap the AirPlay button.
Now pick the destination for your audio output.

Easy peasy.

Attachments

• IMG_0131.PNG
    IMG_0131.PNG
    194.7 KB · Views: 2,569

squiery

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your replys. I think I have found the problem. I have an older version base station working on WiFi protocol 802.11g. It was OK on the old iOS but not supported on the latest version. Took me the best part of the day to get to here. Thanks again.

naveen_srini

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I don't see the AirPlay icon nor the speaker icon to fix my sound issue on the Ipad. Looks like system sounds are muted. I tried everything I locked the user side switch to lock rotation mode. Any help appreciated

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77