What music service should I use? (In Canada)

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
As the subject line suggests, I am debating what music service I should use now that I'm back with the Iphone (love it btw).

Currently, I am on a 30 day free trial with Xbox music; but with offline downloading to the phone not available yet, I don't know if I want to keep on going with it since I definitely don't want to stream music while on LTE.

The options I'm looking are the following:

RDIO, iTunes Match, or stick with Xbox Music.

When it comes to RDIO, just would like know how good the iphone app is.

ITunes Match is the interesting one. I love the fact that it is 27, 28 or whatever dollars a year. However, the only reason I would use this is to match my songs downloaded another way on my computer. I don't know the legality part of doing this as I don't buy much CD's.

Only reason I'm would stick with Xbox music is because I am getting Xbox one in November and have mostly windows 8 machines (also a surface RT, better than android in a few ways btw) but I don't know how much I would play music on it. Who knows when offline storage will be available and I don't want to start paying next week when without knowing when that would be available.

Hopefully I can get some good opinions about ITunes Match so I can just pay once a year and do it that way (searched the web, didn't find much).

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I have to say, I have been extremely happy with Rhapsody. I pay about $7 a month and I have the options to stream, or download and play. I have had them since 2006, and no complaints here. There is even a desktop applications, which I seldom use, but it's still nice to have.

I have also given Spotify a shot, and I love their Mac desktop application, but I still don't feel 100% with them. I guess I'm simply too used to Rhapsody.

Your mileage may vary. Good luck!

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
iTunes Match works well and after you've been thru the matching/uploading process, you can download any of the songs to your iDevice for offline use. You may also want to add Amazon and Google's music services to your list as they both are similar in that you can upload your own music and then access on your device. Not as seamless as Apple's own offering of course.

Amazon digital music store not available in Canada. Google doesn't give a rats behind giving Canada their music store.

Think going to stick with xbox music since I got windows PC's and getting the xbox one. Just hope Offline downloading happens soon for the IOS app.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll