how do i get facebook for 4.2.1

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You'll need to look elsewhere for assistance with Installous as the forum rules and guidelines don't look favorably upon discussions of sites like installous that promote piracy of paid apps among the things they do. Google may help...

Reactions: whizzer63

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing is, he's trying to install an app on his 3G, which didn't get ios5, and Facebook doesn't support ios4 anymore. So he doesn't need that pirate program, he needs a newer iPhone... Or he needs Facebook on iTunes that wasn't updated...
So the only solution I see for OP is that he just uses safari and uses Facebook.com

LostOnTheLine

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so, You are getting this error because the app was "purchased" (Even free apps are purchased from the store) & it is therefore tied to the account it was purchased under: 3cit's. You would have to have authorized his account on your computer. You can only authorize 5 computers to use a single iTunes account & you can only have purchases from 5 different accounts on any given iPod (For example, most foreigners will have a US iTunes account as well as their Home country because many things are only available in the US). If you have a home (Or had) in Ireland, then moved to Germany, had an account there, moved to Australia, had an account there, moved to Russia, had an account there, moved to Argentina, had an account there & then moved to the US; you would have to choose which purchases you wanted. You could have all your accounts synced to your computer, but if you wanted to put an app, movie, tv show that you purchased in The US on your iPod, you'd have to remove all purchases from Germany before it would let you. So, if you have a 'friend' who has the version you you want, doesn't mind copying it & giving you his/her password, then you could do it, so long as they haven't used up their computer limit.

This doesn't work very well for most people.

Another option; one that will take a lot of time & headache, is to try to recover the one you deleted.
♫ Now, recovering files is ONLY possible if the space where the file was on your HDD hasn't been written over (If you have VERY expensive software it can still be recovered but there would be pieces missing or corrupted).
♫ If you don't empty your recycling bin very often you may be in luck, look in there for *.ipa files & see if you can find the Facebook XXXX.ipa that has a version lower than 42XX.
♫ Chances are, you empty your recycling bin or you have your computer do it automatically every so often. If so, there's still hope.
♫ Look for an Undelete program.
♪ There are some free ones like Recuva made by the same people who make CCleaner (very possibly the program that emptied the recycling bin in the first place)
♪ Some paid ones can be better, but cost money. The one that actually worked as I liked was one I found on GiveAwayOfTheDay dot com a few days ago called Aidfile Recovery Professional, but I wouldn't recommend it as the retail price is $70. The best advice I can give you is that if one doesn't work, try another. Aidfile found over 2000 .ipa files where Recuva found only a few & iCare found none (Also a paid one through GiveAwayOfTheDay a few months ago)
♫ Use the program to scan your HDD for recoverable files.
♫ Then, look for all '.ipa' files & try to find it, it may have a funny name like "$R866JK3.ipa" that's because it could recover the file, but not it's name.
♫ You can find the name by importing it into iTunes.
♫ When you import it, you will get one of 2 messages, either {The app "$IXLC2EG.ipa" could not be added to your iTunes library because it is not a valid app.} meaning that the file is corrupted & cannot be recovered or {A newer version of the app "Facebook" already exists in your iTunes library. Are you sure you want to replace it with the one you are moving?} meaning that it is indeed an older version of the app &, if the name is right (The file was $R5OQOWX.ipa) then you click [Replace] & have it in your library. This one was Facebook 3440 (You can find that out by going to the app & selecting [Get Info])
♫ Once it's on the iPod/iPhone it will not try to update since the current version is incompatible, but you can't restore your iPod so I put the File in a folder called [Old] inside the Mobile Applications Folder

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234