Missing Notifications on Apple Watch

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed in the last 3-5 days that I've missed a handful (not a ton) of notifications on my Apple Watch. No iMessages were missed that I'm aware of. The few that I've noticed have been regular SMSs.

I check the notifications on the watch to see if I just missed the vibration, but the notification isn't even there.

My watch set up has not changed. Not sure why it's happening.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, I've not experienced any of that. You might want to in-pair and then pair it again with your iPhone. By the way, are you running WatchOS 2.2 beta?

owlyn

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps your phone was open. If it thinks your phone is open, the notifications go to the phone instead of the watch.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I missed an iMessage over lunch. I definitely didn't have my phone unlocked. It was sitting on the table while I was chatting with someone. When I got back to my desk at work, noticed that there was an iMessage on my phone that did not make it to my watch. I may have to do a factory reset on this thing tonight.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I missed an iMessage over lunch. I definitely didn't have my phone unlocked. It was sitting on the table while I was chatting with someone. When I got back to my desk at work, noticed that there was an iMessage on my phone that did not make it to my watch. I may have to do a factory reset on this thing tonight.
Sometimes, as suggested earlier, unpairing and the re-pairing will do the trick if you haven't already. To me that's better than a factory reset though both are a pain.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes, as suggested earlier, unpairing and the re-pairing will do the trick if you haven't already. To me that's better than a factory reset though both are a pain.

I'm in the process of doing that now. Hopefully, it works.

eksoccer99

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I had this this week too with no watch notifications. Don't know what caused it. I just powered off / power on and watch notifications was working correctly.

slablanc

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I find I have to reboot my watch every week or so to start getting notifications once they begin dropping off. hoping this'll get corrected in a future software update, or I need to see my doctor about the nerve damage caused by too many notifications hitting my wrist.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I find I have to reboot my watch every week or so to start getting notifications once they begin dropping off. hoping this'll get corrected in a future software update, or I need to see my doctor about the nerve damage caused by too many notifications hitting my wrist.

When it happened to me, reboots didn't work. I've since unpaired and re-paired my AW. Everything seems to be ok so far.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

lol at the nerve damage, you may have already mentioned this but are you running 2.2 beta 6? This is not something that should be happening, be sure and file a bug report.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2