This watch is linked to an Apple ID...

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Got my watch back from Apple today. Started to pair it and immediately after the "Left or Right" wrist screen another screen appears that says "This watch is linked to an Apple ID" and asks me to sign in with the Apple ID. I enter my email and password and hit next at the top right. Nothing happens. "Next" blinks like it registers my touch, but goes no further. No sign in error, no signing in, nothing. Its almost as if the interface is broken and the "Next" button has no function.

To be clear, it is my Apple ID that the watch is linked to (it gives you a hint on the Apple ID) and I absolutely know my password. I have a genius bar appointment tomorrow afternoon, and spent some time on the chat this morning with Apple trying to figure something out. Any ideas?

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Genius paired the watch with his iPhone on iOS9, had me sign in, then unpaired to remove the activation lock. Apparently I didn't un-pair it and thats why I had the issues. And activation lock doesn't work with IOS 8.4. Thanks again Apple :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Genius paired the watch with his iPhone on iOS9, had me sign in, then unpaired to remove the activation lock. Apparently I didn't un-pair it and thats why I had the issues. And activation lock doesn't work with IOS 8.4. Thanks again Apple :)

Great, and thank you for the update...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2