What's the most surprising way you're using the Watch?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Surprising way? None. Most useful? Being able to check and respond to notifications and phone calls without picking up my iPhone...:)

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I think its more surprising the ways that I am NOT using my watch. I figured I would be using it for direct communication more, calls and texts. I am more or less using the watch as a filter, deciding what messages and communications are necessary for me to pick up my phone for.

farb12

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Walking navigation! Was on vacation in downtown Chicago and used it for two straight days!!! Very convenient waiting for haptic directions!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
The biggest surprise in the way I use it is using the Activity app. I was honestly not excited at all about that, I was more interested in the texts, calls, and third party app features. I now use the Activity app all the time, and it's a battle to get all the rings filled every day. It's sort of like a game that restarts every day and you try to beat your scores from yesterday. :)

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
In the kitchen! My main desire when I purchased the watch was notifications, messages and phone calls. But I have started filing some of my most used recipes into the CLEAR App, which has a watch extension. Now, instead of reaching for my phone or tablet, I simply view it on the watch. And if I happen to have some flour or such on my fingers I simply rinse the watch afterwards; something I could not do with the other devices. As you can see, it's easy to scroll thru the ingredients (listed in grams-I no longer use measuring cups-I weigh everything) using the Digital Crown. And the timers are also great for baking.
IMG_1256.jpg IMG_1255.jpg

cessex

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I would saying using it for turn by turn directions. I recently went on around a four hour road trip. I had no clue how to get there.

In the past it was always my wife holding her or my iPhone trying to tell me when and where to turn.

With the Apple Watch, the phone stayed mostly in the cup holder while my watch tapped me and beeped at me when I needed to turn! Loved it.

gmabev

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Maps and directions. Have the Take me there app. Love it because you can store several locations at a time. We were recently out of town for a wedding and could put in all the locations we were going and used watch to get from one to the other easily. Being able to use that feature on the watch so well has surprised me.

viewfly

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Anything when my hands are busy and the iPhone is inaccessible.

Fishing. Waist deep in a river the iPhone is sealed and protected. Use my watch for notifications and texting/calls. Time and weather too.

Hands deep in a project and dirty. Same idea.

Come winter with heavy coats. Expect more of the same!

Diet and exercise. LiveStrong MyPlate App has working companion Watch app. Subtracts my calories from my food intake and gives me a running tally where I am. On the watch! Can add food from the watch too.
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id502317923?at=10l3Vy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Cool Thing with Apple Watch and Apple Music.

When you stream Apple Music to a Bluetooth speaker or on your headphone or in your car or what ever way, what is cool with the Apple Watch is when you hear something you like and you want to know who is that artist name and song. You just raise your arm and the watch could show it to you !
Here how:
1-On your Watch go to setting
General,"Activate on wrist raise"
And activate "Last Used-App"
2-Open the Music App on your watch
3-Click on ”Now playing"

That's it ! After that each time you raise your arm the watch will show you what is playing now !

And you also can heart it directly on the watch !

And you still have the time on the upper right corner !

Last edited: