Heart rate sensor work better if worn on the inside of your wrist?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So I know I see some people who wear their watch on the inside of their wrist (or maybe that's just people around here) and was wondering if that might be better for all the health sensors being on the inside of your wrist right on the artery/vein. Or maybe I'm way off. Thoughts?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Thoughts... In the absence of a product to talk about, people are overthinking minutiae... Apple put a lot into the design of this thing and how it's going to work and work best.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I think it'd be about the same because I'm sure they likely designed the sensor to be able to pick up HR on either side of the wrist.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
It won't matter which side of the wrist. But one key factor to take into account is how high it is worn on the wrist. This will determine high good the quality of the rate. Further up the arm the better.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I typically like my watch to be loose. And down by my hand. So maybe what is comfortable for most of the day will allow me to slide it up toward the elbow and it will become tight enough to get a good heart rate, without having to put on a different band. I hope.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Ya you should not have to wear it that high. One of the recommendations from the FitBit line is to make sure it's 1-2 inches up from wrist. But you don't want to wear it to loose expecting solid results.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I think it's just a fashion statement or a personal preference. I'm with kch50428; Apple has done their homework.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I typically like my watch to be loose. And down by my hand. So maybe what is comfortable for most of the day will allow me to slide it up toward the elbow and it will become tight enough to get a good heart rate, without having to put on a different band. I hope.

Same. I like my watch right by my hand

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
So I know I see some people who wear their watch on the inside of their wrist (or maybe that's just people around here) and was wondering if that might be better for all the health sensors being on the inside of your wrist right on the artery/vein. Or maybe I'm way off. Thoughts?

I was at the Apple Store earlier trying watching on and asked this question. The rep said the sensors (heart rate) won't work if it's worn like that. She said they just got a communication about it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I was at the Apple Store earlier trying watching on and asked this question. The rep said the sensors (heart rate) won't work if it's worn like that. She said they just got a communication about it.

Interesting. And good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2