Starbucks App Crash

Gearheadaddy

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a 42 and 38 mm Watch. Each is connected to a different iPhone 7 Plus. One will let me pay for Starbucks items. The 38mm crashes upon clicking "open in wallet".... any clues???

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
The Starbucks app is a mess, especially on the Watch. I don't even bother installing it on my Watch anymore.

What I do is (on my phone) add my card to the iOS Wallet app through the Starbucks app and set my favorite stores. The card will (eventually) sync to my Watch.

Once that has been set up, a notification will pop up when I am about to walk in to the store. It's much easier pulling up my Starbucks card from the Wallet app compared to the actual Starbucks app.

Last edited:

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I have a 42 and 38 mm Watch. Each is connected to a different iPhone 7 Plus. One will let me pay for Starbucks items. The 38mm crashes upon clicking "open in wallet".... any clues???

Have you tried the basic drills?

Restart your Watch.
Restart your iPhone
Uninstall and reinstall the Starbucks app

If none of those work:

Uninstall the App
Un-pair and re-pair the Watch
Install the app

And I often restart my iPhone and now my Watches when I install an app (or after a couple of app installs) just to avoid a problem. It seems to work for me.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I use the Starbucks app all the time from my Watch. I would do what Mac Guy recommended and see if that fixes your issues. If not, the Starbucks app gets updates regularly so an upcoming update might address the issues you are having. If you want to be helpful you could reach out to Starbucks and they might ask for your crash logs to help solve the issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2