group fitness activity

fleeper

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
How can i start an activity? My wife and I participate in a group fitness some evenings; it is kind of similar to a body pump class but the pace is slower but a lot more reps. Will my watch even record this type of activity or is there a way to add it manually after the fact?

Thanks!

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
How can i start an activity? My wife and I participate in a group fitness some evenings; it is kind of similar to a body pump class but the pace is slower but a lot more reps. Will my watch even record this type of activity or is there a way to add it manually after the fact?

Thanks!

I would chose the "Other" option and at the end of the workout, you can choose the rename option and then you'll get a bunch of other activities you can choose from. Just choose the one that is closest to what you just did.

fleeper

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I would chose the "Other" option and at the end of the workout, you can choose the rename option and then you'll get a bunch of other activities you can choose from. Just choose the one that is closest to what you just did.

I will try that. Thanks!

fleeper

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
One more question about group fitness type of exercise: it asks calorie estimate when starting; how do you know what to enter?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
One more question about group fitness type of exercise: it asks calorie estimate when starting; how do you know what to enter?

I'd say it depends on your gender, activity level, weight, age and effort. I would do open goal for a bit and see what it logs before setting a calorie target.