Issues with connecting To soundbar
I have a Samsung soundbar that won't connect to my Apple TV. Here are the steps I've taken to troubleshoot:
- the soundbar connects with my other apple devices (iPhone, iPad)
- the Apple TV connects with other Bluetooth speakers.
- The Samsung sound bar is up to date regarding firmware.
- I spoke to Samsung tech support and after a few troubleshooting attempts, said it was probably the Apple TV.
- Apple care couldn't help me aside from saying that perhaps the sound bar was too close to the Apple TV (the sound bar is 5 inches away from the ATV)
I am not trying to connect 2 different BT devices at the same time. The sound bar shows up as recognized by the ATV. When I click to connect, the screen on the sound bar shows 'Apple Tv' but then quickly goes back to the 'ready' screen instead of 'connected.'
Any ideas would be of great help. Thanks!
- 11-05-2015, 07:38 PM #2
Re: Issues with connecting To soundbar
Is it possible to connect the soundbar any other way besides Bluetooth? Your television should be able to pass the audio from the AppleTV to the soundboard via HDMI or the soundbar could extract the audio and then pass the video to the television, correct? I know it's not what you were trying to do but it's a possible solution.
- 11-05-2015, 08:19 PM #4
- 11-06-2015, 12:54 AM #5
- By iMore Question in forum iPad Pro (12.9-inch)Replies: 3Last Post: 11-08-2015, 12:13 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPad Pro (12.9-inch)Replies: 2Last Post: 11-07-2015, 01:57 PM
- By Mr. Tofu in forum Apple TVReplies: 7Last Post: 11-06-2015, 10:52 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple TVReplies: 1Last Post: 11-06-2015, 01:03 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPad Pro (12.9-inch)Replies: 0Last Post: 11-05-2015, 07:04 PM