How to connect friends iPhone to my apple TV

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
So I brought my apple tv over to my buddy's house hooked up my apple tv so show him all the stuff he could do with his 4S. It worked for the photo showing and mirroring but I couldn't get into control any thing like Netflix. My girlfriends iPhone works with it and she has her own apple id. I just can't remember how to make it work. Thanks guys.

blwatson

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
If it's working with mirroring you should be able to just then open netflix (or any app for that matter) and watch it wirelessly on your apple tv. However, if you do not have mirroring on then while using the netflix app there should be an icon on the bottom right of the play pause area with a triangle. Press that and it should start to stream onto the apple tv

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I see what you are saying i could just do that, but what i want is the get all the remote access on his phone. Do I have to put my appleid on his phone temporaraily? Or like if I got a new phone with a new id and wanted to link it to my apple tv as a remote, how would i do that?

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. After I put my account on his phone in the remote app it worked fine. Now he wants to get one bad. LOL but i told him he maybe should wait for an apple tv 3.

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Mirror does not work for all apps. For example TV.com, I was thinking of getting rid of cable I I could get that app to work

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2