Power button?

Qfanvnaa

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an apple tv but was thinking of getting one do you leave it on all the time? The pictures of the remote on apple's website don't have a power button. Personally this sounds great, I already have a roku(like an apple tv) and it just stays on, never need to turn it off just has a screen saver.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't have an apple tv but was thinking of getting one do you leave it on all the time? The pictures of the remote on apple's website don't have a power button. Personally this sounds great, I already have a roku(like an apple tv) and it just stays on, never need to turn it off just has a screen saver.

There's no power button on either the AppleTV or the remote. There is a setting in the AppleTV config to allow it to sleep after 1, 5 or 10 hours of inactivity or "never". Very early on I had a few issues getting them to wake up, so I set them all (I have 3 in different rooms) set to "never" sleep.

It's never been an issue for me... just switch the tv input to the AppleTV and voila!, it's all there and ready to go.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
There's no power button on either the AppleTV or the remote. There is a setting in the AppleTV config to allow it to sleep after 1, 5 or 10 hours of inactivity or "never". Very early on I had a few issues getting them to wake up, so I set them all (I have 3 in different rooms) set to "never" sleep.

It's never been an issue for me... just switch the tv input to the AppleTV and voila!, it's all there and ready to go.

3 ! Nice! I have one it always wakes up fine or when ur done I just go to the option and put it to sleep

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
3 ! Nice! I have one it always wakes up fine or when ur done I just go to the option and put it to sleep

Yep, 3. One in the family room, one in our bedroom and one in the grandkids' playroom. I have ripped all of our movies and stored them on a NAS... stream them through a Mac Mini that is dedicated to serving media to the AppleTVs. Life is good at the HankHouse... and the grandkids can watch their movies without grandma and grandpa worrying about broken, scratched or lost DVDs... and no more scraping peanut butter and jelly off of the DVDs, either!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep, 3. One in the family room, one in our bedroom and one in the grandkids' playroom. I have ripped all of our movies and stored them on a NAS... stream them through a Mac Mini that is dedicated to serving media to the AppleTVs. Life is good at the HankHouse... and the grandkids can watch their movies without grandma and grandpa worrying about broken, scratched or lost DVDs... and no more scraping peanut butter and jelly off of the DVDs, either!

Nice set up, I am thinking about picking a couple more up for the kids bedrooms. They both love Netflix so it makes sense.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

You are one tech savvy grandpa !!! That is a awesome setup ! I ditched DVDs too loaded about 32 movies on my daughter Itouch great for car maybe I'll add a apple tv to the play room next

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2