Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Default Re: Who's sticking with Apple Music?

I'm liking it on the Apple TV
    iMore Nanite

I canceled Apple Music and kept Spotify. I'm a fan of the dark interface and playlists. Apple Music barely functioned on my phone. Perhaps I'll try it after a few more updates.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

I just started my free trial but right now for me it's a keeper. Haven't had any issues and the duplicates don't bother me. I hate having several music apps so Google Music is out for me and I never could get into Spotify.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,891 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaBChrissy View Post
    I canceled Apple Music and kept Spotify. I'm a fan of the dark interface and playlists. Apple Music barely functioned on my phone. Perhaps I'll try it after a few more updates.
    I did the same. In the end, I felt Spotify is much better in terms of playlists.
    BuddhaBChrissy likes this.

Default Who's sticking with Apple Music?

Though I love Apple Music I feel like I'm missing out by not using Spotify Premium with my student discount. Ha

Currently on a 7 day Premium trial to see if I could possibly go on without Apple Music
    iMore Nanite

I'm definitely keeping Apple Music. I find I use it more and more as time goes by. It's just too darn convenient to not use it.

Buying iTunes gift cards when they are discounted and then throwing those into my account is a good way to reduce the overall cost even more, so it works out to be a pretty good bargain.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts

100% behind Apple Music.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    499 Global Posts

I am sticking with it. It has my music taste down to a T. Plus I love the integration. I thought I was a big Spotify maniac but I went back to it for a few days and didn't like at all.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by screamplay View Post
    I'm definitely keeping Apple Music. I find I use it more and more as time goes by. It's just too darn convenient to not use it.

Buying iTunes gift cards when they are discounted and then throwing those into my account is a good way to reduce the overall cost even more, so it works out to be a pretty good bargain.
    Great idea🏽🏽
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

I'll switch to Apple Music the minute it becomes available on my ps4. Until then, Spotify it is.
    iMore Nanite

Although it mantains some nasty bugs regarding iCloud Music Library (meta data all over the place), the Family plan and Siri integration makes the deal for me. However, this last few days Apple Music decided not to show album art for various albums I added to my library from their catalogue (meaning, it's not an iCloud Music Library issue), and no amount of deleting/ re-adding of said albums makes the album art appear again (although in the main page for the album, before adding it, the album art shows perfectly). This is as recent as The Force Awakens OST, for example.
    I was a premiun subscriber for both Deezer and Spotify in the past (liked the former best), but the concept of Apple Music and the sound quality (aac at 256 is more "musical" than other formats to my taste) sealed the deal.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

I won't be sticking with it, although I do like it. There isn't anything significantly better about it over Google Play which warrants the extra cost, and I get YouTube Red with Google Play. Heck, I might just go back to Android. I figured I'd try to the iPhone once, but as with the music comparison, there isn't anything compellingly better about it. Both platforms will do whatever it is you need to do.
    tonyr6 likes this.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #88  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    4,803 Global Posts

Default Who's sticking with Apple Music?

Yeah I planning on switching to Apple music but then I forgot to and then I heard about YouTube Red so I am thankful I stayed with Google. As much as I prefer Apple music value wise Google is just better specially when it's $7.99.

Probably ditching Netflix once my $7.99 plan rises in price just cause I don't see much value in it as $9.99 a month when I am paying $11.99 for hulu and $49 a year for Amazon prime ( students)
    tonyr6 likes this.
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #89  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    4,803 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ladyc0524 View Post
    I did the same. In the end, I felt Spotify is much better in terms of playlists.

Really? I tried Spotify for $0.99 for three months and hated it specially for its play lists format.
    tonyr6 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    971 Global Posts

Believe it or not, one of the the things that annoys me is the way Google zooms into all the album art. Anyone else feel this way?
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #91  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    4,803 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ticojpunk View Post
    Believe it or not, one of the the things that annoys me is the way Google zooms into all the album art. Anyone else feel this way?

I don't really notice it tbh
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

Is Netflix scheduled to raise its price?
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #93  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    4,803 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GatsbyGlen View Post
    Is Netflix scheduled to raise its price?

For anybody on the original plan that costs $7.99 and the $8.99 plan where you get 2 streams on a device at once in HD will become $9.99. My Netflix account says my price is guaranteed until may 2016
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    For anybody on the original plan that costs $7.99 and the $8.99 plan where you get 2 streams on a device at once in HD will become $9.99. My Netflix account says my price is guaranteed until may 2016
    Same here, until May 2016. I didn't realize it was going to go up after that. I've been at 7.99 for a long time now.
    iMore Intermediate

I decided not to keep it. I didn't use it much...maybe 5 times in the trial period. When I did use it I got "an error occurred" when I would open the app and would have to refresh to make it work. My trial ended yesterday and now the music app doesn't work at all. When I open the app I get nothing but a pic (see below). Nothing else happens. I have 18gb of my own music that I would like to listen to.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1451231985.933959.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	170.9 KB 
ID:	100138
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firstborn80 View Post
    I decided not to keep it. I didn't use it much...maybe 5 times in the trial period. When I did use it I got "an error occurred" when I would open the app and would have to refresh to make it work. My trial ended yesterday and now the music app doesn't work at all. When I open the app I get nothing but a pic (see below). Nothing else happens. I have 18gb of my own music that I would like to listen to.

Yikes, I'd be pissed.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by redbirdsfan View Post
    Yikes, I'd be pissed.
    I definitely was but it started working again. I don't know what was going on.
  23. Thread AuthorThread Author   #98  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    4,803 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firstborn80 View Post

I would try Google music? You can import your whole iTunes library into it and this keeps it on a third party so it would be easy should you decide if you ever wanna try say Android. Amazon also offers this as well but I don't like the app as much.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    971 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    I would try Google music? You can import your whole iTunes library into it and this keeps it on a third party so it would be easy should you decide if you ever wanna try say Android. Amazon also offers this as well but I don't like the app as much.
    Google Music is great. I could go either way really. My wife is familiar with Apple Music, so that factor alone will probably lock me to the Apple Family Plan once her trial is over. Sometimes I consider subscribing to Google Music again too. There's a lot I really like about it. The ad-free YouTube is a pretty good bonus perk as well.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,673 Global Posts

I much prefer Spotify. For some weird reasons I'm staying with Apple Music.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast