Apple Blue Case For iPad Air and iPhone.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok guys, this has been bugging me since I got my cases last year November. I finally decided to find out if anyone else has the same issue. Lol

The two cases do not have the same outside texture or the same shade of blue. The ipad case is more blue and the iPhone case is a faded blue, the inside of both is identical.

The textures are different as well, the ipad case has a smoother finish than the iPhone one, I like the color of the iPad case and would be nice if the iPhone one was the same.

It was this way from the very first day, I bought them at the same time from Best a Buy. I know there will always be color variations in leather but it would be nice if they weren't this far apart.

Anyone else see this?

Thanks much. :)

uqa2esu2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have the same 2 cases but in red. I do notice the red case for iPad is brighter and smoother. It must be for most as well then.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the same 2 cases but in red. I do notice the red case for iPad is brighter and smoother. It must be for most as well then.
Thanks, that's good to know. I just ordered a new case, the old one looks very used, not grungy but used. Hoping the new one will be a little deeper in color.

Question: I have seen recommendations of treating it with a leather cream and spraying it with a leather protector before using it, have you done any such thing? Do you recommend doing so?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, that's good to know. I just ordered a new case, the old one looks very used, not grungy but used. Hoping the new one will be a little deeper in color.

Question: I have seen recommendations of treating it with a leather cream and spraying it with a leather protector before using it, have you done any such thing? Do you recommend doing so?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone 5s

I've seen somewhere that somebody does that. I'm not brave enough to try that on mine

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
So do you clean your cases, if so how often and with what!

Sorry for all the questions but my case was doing so well for the first 6-8 months, them all of a sudden started getting discolored on the edges and at the back.

It doesn't really look bad but definitely looks very used.

The iPad case is holding up much better.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So do you clean your cases, if so how often and with what!

Sorry for all the questions but my case was doing so well for the first 6-8 months, them all of a sudden started getting discolored on the edges and at the back.

It doesn't really look bad but definitely looks very used.

The iPad case is holding up much better.
If they are leather, I would clean them with leather shoe cleaning products. I would be afraid to use anything else, unless it's recommended by the case maker.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I'm liking the looks of both of those cases.. Maybe it's just me. :)
They are both very nice and if I only had one of them I wouldn't worry. However the two do not match - I am a female and I worry about such things. Lol

I typically put my phone screen side down on my ipad and the mismatch is glaring.

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I would imagine its because your ipad wont constantly go in and out of your pocket. Apple would have used slightly different materials coating and colours for the iphone version of the case than the ipads

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2