LifeProof Disappoints in So Many Ways!

sailtrueblue#IM

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to receive my case from LifeProof that I was given the opportunity to buy "early" and they have already lost me as a customer forever. Let me count the ways they disappoint:

- They offered to sell the first cases to folks that signed up for news of the new iPhone case. My date was 11/21 and sure enough, I got a link to purchase a case on 11/19, 2 days earlier than promised. So far, so good. I placed my order right away. The next day, I saw threads posted here that the cases were already in stores! Thanks for nothing, LP.

- When I went to Best Buy's site to check availability, sure enough they were on the shelves in my local store. So now it's been two days since I placed my order, it hasn't shipped yet, and I could've pick it up locally and had it right away. Feeling less special by the minute, but not that big a deal.

- What caught my eye on the Best Buy was how many negative reviews there were - more 1's than 5's, most people that bought the case would not recommend it. That made me worry about my decision to buy an $80 case that would likely end up unused in a drawer.

- Next, I checked LP's site and found that they charge a 15% restocking fee. They're really looking out for the folks that buy from them! Even though they don't have to share the markup with the retailer, so presumably the cases they sell on their site are much more profitable.

- Finally, I called their customer support to see if i could cancel the order and wait to see if they made changes to make the case more usable (they've already added foam behind the phone to dampen the vibrations when using the speaker). I was told that the order hadn't shipped and LP would cancel it for me. Their BIG FAIL came the next day when I received an email that the cancelled order had indeed shipped. I verified that my card has been charged.

All in all, one of the poorest performances I've seen from a premium vendor. I'd avoid LifeProof like the plague from now on. BTW, while they claim to be waterproof to 2m, they offer no warranty for your phone if the case leaks beyond "Goodbye, good luck."

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
That is really disappointing to hear because I was really considering purchasing one.

I had issues with Otterbox and they sent me a new Defender case that I have yet to open. I have no desire and would rather sell it. Looking for an alternative and I thought LP would have been that.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Steer clear of LifeProof. I have heard that the model for the iPhone 5 is even worse than the model for the iPhone 4 was.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I love the LifeProof case. As a matter of fact, yugster.com has the LP for 4/4S on sale for $40 today (11/24).

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The cases that best buy were selling were the first gen of the 5. They have worked the kinks out. Lifeproof replaces the ones that have issues. Everything I have read is the new ones are great and have no issues. They make great cases and I can't wait to get mine! Will be delivered on Tuesday.

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for mine to come in ordered last Saturday I figured thanksgiving threw the delivery off. I wanted the protection this case provides without the build of the otter box defender case.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok mine came early. No issues with it. Spent 20 min on the phone with my friend. Had no problem with that. Texting and screen response is good.

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Ok mine came early. No issues with it. Spent 20 min on the phone with my friend. Had no problem with that. Texting and screen response is good.

How is the screen protector? Does it stick to the screen and make like a bubble effect . Seems to be the only complaint. Although some have said they fixed that. And confirming the apple logo as well as the camera is covered? Thanks mine should be in tues.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
How is the screen protector? Does it stick to the screen and make like a bubble effect . Seems to be the only complaint. Although some have said they fixed that. And confirming the apple logo as well as the camera is covered? Thanks mine should be in tues.

Screen protector is snug to the screen. No bubble effect. Yes both camera and logo covered.

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Screen protector is snug to the screen. No bubble effect. Yes both camera and logo covered.

Awesome I can't wait for mine to get in. I have this otterbox commuter case on now and it's fine but the unprotected camera lense and the big hole in the case on the back make me nervous.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Awesome I can't wait for mine to get in. I have this otterbox commuter case on now and it's fine but the unprotected camera lense and the big hole in the case on the back make me nervous.

I had the commuter before I put this one on. You don't think the commuter is bulky until u put this one on.

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Got mine in today first impression is good. The outer layer scratches easy I scratched mine just trying to pull it apart. The warning sticker that comes on the back is ridiculous I tested and confirmed it was waterproof while I scrubbed all of the adhesive off of the back of it.

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Update: apparently lifeproof redesigned their iPhone 5 case and I got one from the batch that wasn't corrected. Apparently the new designed cases fixes sound issues and touch screen issues around other stuff. For 89.99 sound have been fixed out the gate but ill give a replacement a shot if its no good it's refund time

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Update: apparently lifeproof redesigned their iPhone 5 case and I got one from the batch that wasn't corrected. Apparently the new designed cases fixes sound issues and touch screen issues around other stuff. For 89.99 sound have been fixed out the gate but ill give a replacement a shot if its no good it's refund time

I will definitely be interested to know your thoughts.

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Yea I was shocked when I told the woman over the phone all my issues she acknowledged they were all issues they were aware of. I mean I couldn't end a phone call the touch screen just wouldn't work no idea why. And the sound vibration was terrible . I hope the replacement fixes the issues ill report back when I find out.

justinkk2005

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine from best buy. NO issues other than the slight vibration during loud playing of stuff. Call quality is great. Screen is great. This case does have the foam in the back.

donemt

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Have my iPhone 4s in a Lifeproof and have no complaints At all. The screen protector, sound quality, and easy manageability are what makes this a great case!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234