Magpul Field Case

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Hell everyone. So I have some amazing news and would like to share it ( just kidding). So I received my new magpul case today and I'm going to tell you it is the most amazing cheap case I have ever purchased, it feels solid and well crafted and fits my iPhone like a glove! I have pics I will post later but if you don't know already or haven't purchased one please do. Best 10 bucks I have ever spent

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Hell everyone. So I have some amazing news and would like to share it ( just kidding). So I received my new magpul case today and I'm going to tell you it is the most amazing cheap case I have ever purchased, it feels solid and well crafted and fits my iPhone like a glove! I have pics I will post later but if you don't know already or haven't purchased one please do. Best 10 bucks I have ever spent

Definitely is a great case for the price...I'd say its highly overlooked.

Reactions: precon22

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
It is definitely overlooked! This case feel better than most of my 30+ I will not go back to another case. It feels almost as good as my xdm 40 xD. The materials are pristine and craftsmanship is amazing and best of all made in U.S.A

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
See I've come to the conclusion that spending more than 20 dollars on a case is useless unless it necessary for certain things ( job, trip etc.) but I spent 10 dollars and drips case is amazing. It makes me wonder why I spent 34 for speck case. And to top it off it's easy to remove to clean, and it doesn't affect my screen protector, and black on matte black looks sick

tgarza

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
See I've come to the conclusion that spending more than 20 dollars on a case is useless unless it necessary for certain things ( job, trip etc.) but I spent 10 dollars and drips case is amazing. It makes me wonder why I spent 34 for speck case. And to top it off it's easy to remove to clean, and it doesn't affect my screen protector, and black on matte black looks sick

I agree 100%. I will never buy another type of case. Magpul forever! I converted to all pmags for my AR as well.

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm continually confused about how this case continues to be overlooked. Maybe the price throws people off. It's one of the few cases I've found that has nearly universal praise on all the sites I found reviews on. Is it because Magpul isn't a recognizable name outside of the gun community? I don't know. I love my all of my Magpul stuff, including the three Field Exec cases I have. Can't wait to get some Field cases as well. I just wish they had an iPad case as well. I'd happily throw down money on a Magpul iPad case any day of the week without regrets.

scott11

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
The only issue with this case is that if you have a color other than black, when you use the flash, the photos have a tint of the color of the case.

I have tried orange exec and field, pink field, and FDE exec and all tint the photos. I saw a tip on here that if you use a black marker on the lip around the camera opening it fixes this, and it helps, but does not eliminate the tint.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
The only issue with this case is that if you have a color other than black, when you use the flash, the photos have a tint of the color of the case.

I have tried orange exec and field, pink field, and FDE exec and all tint the photos. I saw a tip on here that if you use a black marker on the lip around the camera opening it fixes this, and it helps, but does not eliminate the tint.

I wonder if putting black paint around the opening would help? I've noticed other case manufacturers are doing it on theirs. (Otter Box & Speck to name a couple)

scott11

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I just used a sharpie pen, and it did help, but did not eliminate the tint. Maybe a paint or something that is more of a flat finish would be better. I use the camera a lot, so I am considering making the opening bigger with a dremel. The case is only $10 so I figure I dont have too much to lose if I mess it up.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone who has the case reported the camera flash problem to the company. Some people may not want to buy it because of this issue, which could be fixed when they go to make the next batch of cases. .

cretz42#WN

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone who has the case reported the camera flash problem to the company. Some people may not want to buy it because of this issue, which could be fixed when they go to make the next batch of cases. .

this is a good point, I wasn't aware of the issue until I read about it here. I was actually about to buy the black and not worry about it or get the olive drab and use the tips mentioned. It's not that big of an issue for me but glad to know before I buy.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

I was thinking of doing this. I'll shoot them an email tomorrow.

jeffw78

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Regarding docking with this case. I have an ihome ip21 that will accept my bumpered iPhone if I leave the insert out. This case doesn't appear to be any thicker on bottom than a bumper. Does anybody have both products that could confirm this?

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
this is a good point, I wasn't aware of the issue until I read about it here. I was actually about to buy the black and not worry about it or get the olive drab and use the tips mentioned. It's not that big of an issue for me but glad to know before I buy.

I was thinking of doing this. I'll shoot them an email tomorrow.

I sent them an email today...I will update with a response.

Reactions: cyberpaw

cretz42#WN

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
two questions:
How is the face down lay-on-the-table design? I'm not looking for super protection, just as long as something is there.
And, has anyone tried to use this case with a speaker dock or any kind of dock? That is a really important function that I need access to. Thanks!