Parallels Desktop 11

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
For those the own Parallels Desktop 11, which one did you buy, and why?
I'm thinking about the $99 one, business I believe. Thus I can receive the 'updates'.

I just installed a trial on my iMac. Trying to get to grips with it.

Any feedback?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
For those the own Parallels Desktop 11, which one did you buy, and why?
I'm thinking about the $99 one, business I believe. Thus I can receive the 'updates'.

I just installed a trial on my iMac. Trying to get to grips with it.

Any feedback?

I use Parallels Desktop Pro as I use it for design work and web development. Unless you are using it for development, just go with the Desktop version. It will be more than enough for the average user. Here is a comparison of the two side by side. But I think you are under a misconception about upgrades. Any version you get will have updates that come free over the course of time. What you will not get free is the next version. That will have a fee associated with it. For example going from Version 11 to Version 12 is going to cost you. But if you own Version 11 and there is an update, it is free.

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
@firedept10 Ah, so no matter what, if a new version is released, I'd be charged regardless. So since I haven't paid for Parallels yet, I might as well buy version 12 directly...? Oddly can't seem to find a purchase link for it, only for 11. Weird...

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
@firedept10 Ah, so no matter what, if a new version is released, I'd be charged regardless. So since I haven't paid for Parallels yet, I might as well buy version 12 directly...? Oddly can't seem to find a purchase link for it, only for 11. Weird...
You are correct on being charged for a new version. Just go directly to Parallels site. Then go to the Products tab and you will find it there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73