My wife uses a MBP as her everyday computer. She enjoys using Microsoft's Publisher software and unfortunately, they do not make a Mac compatible version. We're debating installing Windows on her MBP with Boot Camp solely for her to use Publisher.

For those who have Windows installed on their Mac through Boot Camp.... have you noticed any loss in performance in the Mac overall? How about its performance while running windows?

We're just trying to gather information to see what we will be getting ourselves into. Thanks!
    05-21-2015 08:29 AM
    I run Windows in a VM and it works great. I'm not a fan of Boot Camp unless it's absolutely necessary. With that being said, you should not have any big performance hits.

Free VM I use: https://www.virtualbox.org/
    05-21-2015 08:34 AM
    I run Windows in a VM and it works great. I'm not a fan of Boot Camp unless it's absolutely necessary. With that being said, you should not have any big performance hits.

Free VM I use: https://www.virtualbox.org/
    Thanks for the reply. I am a total novice at this so I must ask, why do you recommend VirtualBox over Boot Camp?
    05-21-2015 08:40 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I am a total novice at this so I must ask, why do you recommend VirtualBox over Boot Camp?
    I've had a few bad experiences installing Windows via Boot Camp. Yet, I've never had any issue using a VM. Also, in a VM you can run Windows in a sandbox, which is a good thing.
    05-21-2015 08:44 AM