*PRETTY PLEASE* video H-E-L-P

kittycatspawz#IM

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
I took video of my little son at the local mini-golf. My iPhone 4 did it BEAUTIFULLY! I want to put the video on a DVD so I can send it to my Granny, which is his Great-Granny. She (Granny) does NOT have a computer, so it needs to play in a DVD player, the regular kind or blue-ray, she has 1 of each.

I can burn the video on a DVD, **BUT** it **ONLY** plays on my laptop. It will NOT play in either DVD player.

My laptop is a Compaq, running Windows 7.

I am not asking for free software or downloads, I will gladly pay for the correct program to convert the video. I've tried a couple of "free trials" but, they actually did not work. I think one of them was Amerisoft, and another was Cucu(something like that).

For the life of me, I can't figure out why I can take such beautiful video with my iPhone, but, no one knows how to put it on a DVD and make it play on the TV.

Anyone who can help, I would be much obliged!!

Thank you so much in advance!
Stephanie

kittycatspawz#IM

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I've tried it. One of 2 things happens. It either won't load the movie completely since I've put 2 or more video clips together, OR, the movie is there but the audio isn't.

Thank you for getting back to me!!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I sent you a PM. It could be that the DVD players do not play that particular type of blank DVD player. If it plays in your computer as a DVD, that is the issue.

iV1SHAL

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
As above some DVD players don't react well to a certain DVD type eg DVDr+ or - this may be your problem. Depends on the DVD player.

BigLan

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried a program called "Total Video Converter"? If not, Total Video Converter is a shareware video and audio converter utility from EffectMatrix. It is commonly used to convert most fashionable video formats for various video players as well as show photos slide and burn the converted video to DVD/SVCD/VCD. The program cost $45.95 but also offer a 15 day trial.

kittycatspawz#IM

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
BigLan: Thank you thank you thank you. No, I haven't tried that one yet. I'd be glad to shell out that $45 if it actually works!! I'm gettin supper on the table for the kiddo, but, that'll be my first place to go after that!! Thank you again sugar!!

BigLan

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh ma'am t'aint nothin :)
I hope it all works out well for you. I've never tried it with video from my iPhone before. I do everything now from my iMac.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You said the DVDs only play on your laptop so that means you've already burned the files. What are you using to burn the DVDs? and what method are you using? I personally like Ahead Nero on Windows. When you burn it needs to be a Video DVD not a data DVD. If you're burning through the built in Windows utility that is an excercise in futility.

kittycatspawz#IM

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
I would like to give everyone an update. I found a MIRACLE program called WONDERSHARE. I found it late last night from some of the helpful answers I received. I have only downloaded the free trial, and it worked beautifully. All I did was drag my movie into the window, stick in the blank DVD+R, and presto, it was done. Now, I will say, it warned me that the free version has a watermark through the video, but, above all else, IT WORKED!! I won't be downloading the PAID version until I get paid because, to me, it's pretty expensive, $65.96 for the "ultimate" edition which is the one I used. But, hey, you can't put a price on memories, right??

Anyway, this old Southern Belle is very grateful for all of y'alls help. I did tell someone I was going to get rich. I figure I can make a website that will for the fee of $5 point you to their download since it is the fix for my problem. I figure there's probably an easy million people out there that would use it, so see, that's a cool 5 Mil already! I think I'm catching on to this electronic age! LOL

Again, Thanks to all of you. And for those who are searching as I have through the Apple forums, here on the forums and have even contacted the "techy" people at iPhone Life magazine, and no one had a clear answer, well, WE video-ing parents now have their solution. (This is where you snail mail me that $5 for the above information) hehe

Stephanie

iV1SHAL

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear that's what we are here for. Hopefully you can continue making awesome videos with your iPhone 4 and even better ones when the new iPhone release hehehe

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Glad you have a good attitude abiut it all lol. I'm glad you found that :D When you have some time give Nero a shot too I'm willing to bet it would have done it too.

FrDakota

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I took video of my little son at the local mini-golf. My iPhone 4 did it BEAUTIFULLY! I want to put the video on a DVD so I can send it to my Granny, which is his Great-Granny. She (Granny) does NOT have a computer, so it needs to play in a DVD player, the regular kind or blue-ray, she has 1 of each.
Stephanie

You said she has a BlueRay player.

You'd better then do an AVCHD Disc (on DVD R)

You'll keep the HD recording that you did with the iPhone and she would have a better quality.

You have two things to do, create the AVCHD layout and then burn it accordingly.

To do that you can use a free program called multiAVCHD.

Personnally I never tried the authoring with it since I converted a single file to AVCHD format to read in my BluRay player.

The iPhone HD recording is done in 720P with mono sound of 64Kbps, the vid?o already in the right format doesnt need reencoding but the audio will be resampled according to the standard.

When you launch multiAVCHD you have a button to add a video file, but you need first to rename the iPhone's .mov file to .mp4. (Not doing so caused many A/V sync problems in the final output)

Below the " Add video files " you have the Author tab, make sure at the General section that NTSC is set as TV System. (30 fps)

At bottom left you have Destination path to set where you want to store the final AVCHD structure.

Finally click the START button at the bottom right and chose either " AVCHD Disc " or " AVCHD (strict) " near bottom left.

When the AVCHD folder is done you can check the result by opening the 00000.m2ts file created in the BDMV\STREAM subfolders with Windows Media Player or VLC to check it.

If it's good, then you can burn it to DVD R/W to test with for example ImgBurn.

The resulting disk will not be directly playable on a PC unless you have a BluRay player program (or VLC but it mouse sticking has problems reading as disk), thus the direct access to the 00000.m2ts file will be the only mean for reading it.

It's possible to simply remux the file in AVCHD structure with tsMuxerGUI, but the result will be non standard (AAC audio) and some player may not be able to read it.

BTW: You can simply tell her to keep only the BluRay player since it does also DVDs, that will require one less remote controller. ;)