Whatsapp does not transfer complete chat

kraut55

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 5 to iPhone 6s plus, iOS 9.3.2
I have tried to transfer the chats from my wife's old iPhone to her new iPhone.
1 - I backed up the chats within Whatsapp
2 - put the SIM card into her new iPhone
3 - started Whatsapp, entered the requested phonenumber, received a code, entered the code
4 - Whatsapp restored the chats
The latest one however is incomplete. The last 2 messages show up but not the beginning of the chat (going back over a period of several days).
I tried the same procedure again, same result.
Unfortunately Whatsapp does not respond, they just refer to their FAQ.
Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong or what other method I could use?
Thanks.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't use WhatsApp. So I have no idea what's going on. Is it only 1 message that does like that? Are those old chats that important? Did you back up the chats in iCloud? If you backed them up to iCloud, they should all be there. If not, then it's an issue with the app or with WhatsApp. Did you try deleting the app, then reinstall it. Then back up the chats? How many chats were incomplete? If you need to keep those for some reason, you could take screenshots and file them away somewhere. Maybe someone else has other ideas.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, welcome to iMore.

If you make a backup of your wife's iPhone and choose for the option to encode it with a password, all WhatsApp chats will be included too.

If you place the backup on the iPhone 6s Plus, all chats in WhatsApp will appear on the 6s.

This has been successful so many times with my and my parents phones, you can't miss.
If you have any further questions, ask away, we're happy to help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods