I have a few questions regarding Whatsapp for the Iphone. I've included a photo. The picture was sent to me on Saturday, and the texting took place on Friday.

On Friday I had an argument with a person I've been seeing regarding her texting a guy.

Is it possible to delete individual messages received without deleting the entire conversation?

The top blacked out part is obviously the persons name and under it is the time they were last on. Is the red number 1 that is circled a message waiting to be read?

And is it safe to assume the message waiting to be read is from Sat when she took the screen shot and not from Fri when the original conversation took place.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails WhatsApp question from non iPhone user-iphonewhats.jpg  
    09-14-2014 01:00 PM
    Wow, seems like someone might be in trouble, but I'll ignore the emotional part and just jump to straight answers... like I would have, have I not known the details shared.

Is it possible to delete individual messages received without deleting the entire conversation?

Yes, it is possible to delete individual messages in whatsapp

The top blacked out part is obviously the persons name and under it is the time they were last on. Is the red number 1 that is circled a message waiting to be read?

Yes, the number it shows is a message received, waiting to be read.

And is it safe to assume the message waiting to be read is from Sat when she took the screen shot and not from Fri when the original conversation took place.

Yes, of course it is from the moment the screenshot was taken.

Thanks.
    You are welcome
    09-14-2014 01:21 PM
    Is the message waiting to be read from the user I blacked out or could it be from one of her other contacts?

Thanks.
    09-14-2014 02:36 PM
    Is the message waiting to be read from the user I blacked out or could it be from one of her other contacts?

Thanks.
    It can be from any other chats, it can be also a really old group chat and the person hasn't opened in a long time.
    09-17-2014 03:13 PM
    I agree that it can be from any other contacts.

Can you guys, and especially linsiris, help me how to delete an individual message from Whatsapp? Will it be deleted only on my device?
    10-08-2014 05:10 AM
    I agree that it can be from any other contacts.

Can you guys, and especially linsiris, help me how to delete an individual message from Whatsapp? Will it be deleted only on my device?
    If you are asking about a single message inside a conversation, then hold your finger on it for 2 seconds and the option to delete pops up.
    10-08-2014 06:19 AM