keep same whatsapp account number on a new sim ?

Aimar_69

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello

so im going for a holidays vacation and i want to use a local sim card when i arrive but i don't want to change my whatsapp account number
is that possible ?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hello

so im going for a holidays vacation and i want to use a local sim card when i arrive but i don't want to change my whatsapp account number
is that possible ?

Sure can, Whatsapp will just take over the new number, you just can't use both at the same time, but it can associate with the new SIM and abandon the old one, and then do the reverse when you return home. :)

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
You don't have to change the number as long as you don't delete the app. (Then it needs a verification code it sends to your phone number)
Just put the other sim card in and don't change anything.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You don't have to change the number as long as you don't delete the app. (Then it needs a verification code it sends to your phone number)
Just put the other sim card in and don't change anything.

The PIA comes when you try to use the same Whatsapp account on 2 different phones at the same time, it just does not work!

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
The PIA comes when you try to use the same Whatsapp account on 2 different phones at the same time, it just does not work!
He doesn't want to use 2 phones, just a different sim card.
And if you just change the sim card, without using the other one, it works with a different card in the same phone without changing anything.
I didn't read he wants to use 2 different phones?

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
He doesn't want to use 2 phones, just a different sim card.
And if you just change the sim card, without using the other one, it works with a different card in the same phone without changing anything.
I didn't read he wants to use 2 different phones?

Yea I know I was just saying. ;)