Urgent: problems with whatsapp

cloudyday12

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, my whatsapp's having problems.

(1) it's not notifying me of new messages now. I have to open whatsapp to receive anything.

(2) I was sent whatsapp message (two separate times) but I never received the message.

Does anyone know how to rectify it? Or are others having similar problems too?

Would appreciate response ASAP! Thanks!

P.s: iPhone 5 on iOS 6.1.

Lozi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Do you have this problem always or only on some specific wifi connections?, cause I have that same problem while on my home network only.

cloudyday12

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The problem used to be happen off and on. Seems to be happening regardless of whether I am using my home wifi or my 3G connection.

But it has been happening a lot more today and has since gotten quite bad. I have missed quite a few whatsapp messages sent to me as a result of this.

Is whatsapp having some network issues or is it something wrong with my phone? Would removing and then reinstalling whatsapp work?

taropty

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
same issue here, if someone sent me a message while the app is closed or iphone is locked I never receives the notification... not even the message. If the app is open then I can receive new messages.

Any luck solving this issue?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
From what I've been reading, the issue spans across multiple platforms. Some users have claimed that a mere reboot fixed it for them whereas others found success by updating to the latest version. Personally, I do not use the WhatsApp app so I'm only posting what I've read from others. Take care.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73