Whatsapp moves to yearly subscription payment, app now free to download: Via iMore

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Whatsapp moves to yearly subscription payment, app now free to download

I personally do not use this particular app as I Prefer to use one of the competition but in reading what the Developers have decided to do by making this a free app for the first year, I think this is a great strategic move in marketing to get it on more devices. Read on and see what you think and if you know of many of your friends that use it, Now might be your chance to install it and give it a try yourself!!

Whatsapp moves to yearly subscription payment, app now free to download | iMore.com

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I use WhatsApp and have for a couple of years now, before with my Blackberry to message with my friends that had iPhones and Androids, and now with my iPhone to message with my friends that have Blackberrys and Androids. The app has always been free for me so it will remain free because I have it installed already, but even if they charge .99 cents for it, for me it's worth it just to have the ability to cross-platform message. I personally think it's a great app and they are constantly upgrading it and making it better and better.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've also been using it on android and iOS. Android already has been a yearly subscription which is like $5 for three years which is nothing to help servers. I prefer whatsapp over iMessage.

via Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the app months ago, but never used it because my recipients must also have the app installed, unless I'm mistaken. iMessage is sufficient for my usage anyway so this subscription thing is meh in my regard...:)

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
That for me is the biggest issue. Everyone you talk to has to have the same app installed. There are some many messaging apps anymore you never know what everyone else has.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the app months ago, but never used it because my recipients must also have the app installed, unless I'm mistaken. iMessage is sufficient for my usage anyway so this subscription thing is meh in my regard...:)
The reason why I commented when I posted this article that I do not use this app and except for iMessage I have no reason for it. I will stay with what has worked for me for 22 months even if this is free.

When I meant in my intro about competition I should have said iMessage and that is all I need to use. I don't want to wonder who is using what app to message.

enots27

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I use it on my iphone and on my blackberry. Is this a strategy being used because of bbm coming to ios and android. How many of you will use bbm.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
would it be free and for the next years if i install it to a jailbroken iphone? i mean from appcake. thanks in advance

We don't discuss pirated apps! It's only a $1 year to help server costs. If you can afford a iPhone I'm sure you can afford a yearly subscription of only a dollar.

via Tapatalk

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I love WhatsApp. I use it daily and have several groups. It seems to be free on every platform I use it on. Never saw a charge. All my friends that I introduce it to seem to have to pay the $0.99 and now it'll probably be this new subscription base cost.

IMHO... it's worth every penny. If they charged a one time fee of $10, I would still purchase it. It's just that good to me.

When BBM comes out on the other hands, I may put WhatsApp as a backup... BBM was always super consistent and freaking awesome to use. With the BB10 features coming to iOS and Android, it'll be freaking awesome.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I like whatsapp as my instant messenger. $1 is nothing for us but I think Facebook will free it for users soon.

I actually already have free lifetime service from Whatsapp for being a past user. I used it last summer and when I reinstalled it I was greeted with a free service message

darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I've been using it since it first blew the app market or so. i paid 0,89 and now to me it is forever free (on this number) So i am rly happy with it

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner