Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
9d4f181ea5dd78f1e39283ebba697e90.png

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Installed :D

Not really sure how that tiny QR code might be functional. I guess I will create confusion and chaos around here.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Installed :D

Not really sure how that tiny QR code might be functional..

I scanned mine with my iPhone and it again offered to add to the health app, but it also showed the info. I suspect the use case is if you go somewhere that requires a vaccine card or proof of a negative test presumably they can scan the QR code and see your vaccination info.

I should scan it with a non-Apple device and see what it reports. The trick is finding a non-Apple device to use for that around here....

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I scanned mine with my iPhone and it again offered to add to the health app, but it also showed the info. I suspect the use case is if you go somewhere that requires a vaccine card or proof of a negative test presumably they can scan the QR code and see your vaccination info.

I should scan it with a non-Apple device and see what it reports. The trick is finding a non-Apple device to use for that around here....

The QR Code is the same as the government issued one. They can’t change it.

My point is that there is already so much info, that it is difficult to read out of an iPhone screen. Now, on Apple Watch, that’s even more dense (and difficult).

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
My point is that there is already so much info, that it is difficult to read out of an iPhone screen. Now, on Apple Watch, that’s even more dense (and difficult).

It is easily readable by the iPhone camera app. The link for the QR code popped up right away.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
It is easily readable by the iPhone camera app. The link for the QR code popped up right away.

I mean for business verifying the vaccine certificate. I did a non-scientific test, with my Apple Watch displaying the SHR QR code, using Vaxicode Vérif (required by the Government of Québec) and Verify Ontario (required by the Government of Ontario).
I conclude that capability of scanning such a small QR code depends on how the developer implemented it. It took me about 1 minute on average to scan successfully the code using Québec's app, and 15 seconds using Ontario's. I tried 3 times.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711