What is your February challenge? Will you succeed?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Here’s mine:

82932be29b8e773610d5627d4af74dc3.jpg

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
"Over the last couple of months, you've averaged 23 days of closing all 3 rings. Match that this month..."

This could go either way.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site

Well for the first time in two years I won’t be able to complete a monthly challenge and it’s due to inclement weather here in TX. Rolling blackouts started yesterday and will continue until the end of the week. Plus the temperature outside right now is -2 degrees with a feels like of -13. I can’t run on my treadmill due to constant power outages (30 minutes on/45 minutes off) and it’s too cold to run outside in the snow. Currently I’m on target with my goal but with last night (no power) it’s highly unlikely that I’ll be able to make it up before the end of the month. Blame this one on Mother Nature 🥶

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Plus the temperature outside right now is -2 degrees with a feels like of -13.

I get it, but I have done up to sixteen mile runs in those conditions (well, slightly worse, but of course I live in a place where weather like that is more expected.)

The only conditions I won't run in anymore are when it is actually snowing heavily (not because I can't, but because I don't trust drivers on the road, particularly plow drivers - not because they are reckless, but who I know probably can't see me) and when it is icy (same reason - people in cars get stupid when it's icy, even here.) Light snow I usually run in.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I get it, but I have done up to sixteen mile runs in those conditions (well, slightly worse, but of course I live in a place where weather like that is more expected.)

The only conditions I won't run in anymore are when it is actually snowing heavily (not because I can't, but because I don't trust drivers on the road, particularly plow drivers - not because they are reckless, but who I know probably can't see me) and when it is icy (same reason - people in cars get stupid when it's icy, even here.) Light snow I usually run in.

We’ve never seen weather like this in my 40 years of living in Texas. I’m yankee born and last lived in Upstate NY so I’m far removed from this type of weather after all these years. I wish it was just some light snow so I could run but it’s a sleet mix on top of 6 inches of snow with more headed our way tonight and tomorrow. Plus Texas drivers don’t know how to maneuver their cars in this weather so I won’t chance getting hit by someone. Folks up North are totally equipped to handle this weather. We only have 30 snow plows for the entire state of Texas. Guess I’ll be running in my dreams

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
"Over the last couple of months, you've averaged 23 days of closing all 3 rings. Match that this month..."

This could go either way.

I didn't make it. My move ring goal increased twice in February, so that was part of the reason. The major reason is that I have two easy workout days a week when I rarely hit the move goal, and 28 - 8 = 20. The wild card for me is snow on easy workout days, but this month the snow came mostly on days when I already would've hot the move goal.

On to next month.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
We’ve never seen weather like this in my 40 years of living in Texas. I’m yankee born and last lived in Upstate NY so I’m far removed from this type of weather after all these years. I wish it was just some light snow so I could run but it’s a sleet mix on top of 6 inches of snow with more headed our way tonight and tomorrow. Plus Texas drivers don’t know how to maneuver their cars in this weather so I won’t chance getting hit by someone. Folks up North are totally equipped to handle this weather. We only have 30 snow plows for the entire state of Texas. Guess I’ll be running in my dreams

I didn’t realize that you are in Texas! How are things now?

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I didn’t realize that you are in Texas! How are things now?

It’s rough for a lot of people but okay for others as it depends on your area. There’s a lot of pipe burst damage to homes, schools, and businesses due to the week long power outages. Thankfully we didn’t personally suffer any damage but my kids have been home since their schools had damage. The whole electric grid incompetence is a mess which is currently being sorted out aka the blame game by the Texas legislature. Thanks for checking in on us!!

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
280e73e3a64a89d95682c757c79f4117.jpg

I didn’t let the Texas Winter Storm Apocalypse get the best of me so I buckled up and did two-a-day workouts this past week to makeup the 5 day deficit I had due to power outages. I’m very competitive with myself to the point that I refuse to let a weather event be the reason I miss a badge so bam take that Mother Nature

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
280e73e3a64a89d95682c757c79f4117.jpg

I didn’t let the Texas Winter Storm Apocalypse get the best of me so I buckled up and did two-a-day workouts this past week to makeup the 5 day deficit I had due to power outages. I’m very competitive with myself to the point that I refuse to let a weather event be the reason I miss a badge so bam take that Mother Nature

Congrats! I’m glad you and your family survived the storm. I feel sorry for everyone who endured the storm. Something should be done about those outrageous power bills.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2