Trouble getting 7.0.01 to install?

dkbllb

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having trouble getting the update to install? The watch app on my phone seems to be stuck on “Downloading to watch”. It’s been 2-3 days now and it doesn’t move beyond that. It’s been on its charger at night and I’ve tried a hard reset on the phone (XR with latest IOS. I can’t get the download to stop and restart on the phone, either. It’s just stuck.

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I had this issue. Initially because of free space issues. I cleared down everything and in the end had to unpair and pair the watch again. Added it as a new watch and set up from scratch.

However it still stuck on “preparing” overnight.
I managed to force it along by turning off Bluetooth on both my phone and watch, wait a few seconds and turn Bluetooth back on both. This seemed to reestablish a connection and continue automatically.

Had to do this off/on thing twice but each time it seemed to be the kick it needed to start moving again.

Went to verifying after a couple of reconnections and then it completed ok

dkbllb

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I haven’t tried to “turn off” the watch. Sorry if it’s a dumb question, but the only thing I know to do is to unpair it which is a hassle to reconnect.

Both devices are on the same WiFi network.

I tried the recommendation to turn off Bluetooth to both devices and turn them back on, but it doesn’t seem to have done any good. The phone says that they’re connected.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I haven’t tried to “turn off” the watch. Sorry if it’s a dumb question, but the only thing I know to do is to unpair it which is a hassle to reconnect.

Both devices are on the same WiFi network.

I tried the recommendation to turn off Bluetooth to both devices and turn them back on, but it doesn’t seem to have done any good. The phone says that they’re connected.

Restart the Watch.

dkbllb

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Oh boy. Sometimes I wonder about myself. There I sat with a handheld device with quick access to most of the knowledge of the world. When I finally asked Siri how to shut down the watch I could almost see her rolling her eyes.

Anyway, restarting the watch seemed to be the trick and it finished downloading.

Thanks again.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh boy. Sometimes I wonder about myself. There I sat with a handheld device with quick access to most of the knowledge of the world. When I finally asked Siri how to shut down the watch I could almost see her rolling her eyes.

Anyway, restarting the watch seemed to be the trick and it finished downloading.

Thanks again.

You’re very welcome and thanks for the update...;)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I’m glad it worked out for you and, I’m also glad you shared your experience, because in doing so, as time goes by, you will have helped many others.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2