Does your Watch randomly locks or shutdown?

dieselman412

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone experienced their watch randomly locking on your wrist, or randomly shutting off? Every once in a while I’ll look at my watch and it will either be turned off or shut down. The only way it turns back on for me is force restart procedure holding both buttons. It’s very frustrating! I’ve never had any problems until this update.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible that you could be unknowingly pressing both the Digital Crown and side button simultaneously?

dieselman412

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
It’s deff a possibility, but I strongly want to say no. I’ve been wearing my watch everyday for almost 3 years since I bought it new and never had it shut down on me.

Is it possible that you could be unknowingly pressing both the Digital Crown and side button simultaneously?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It’s deff a possibility, but I strongly want to say no. I’ve been wearing my watch everyday for almost 3 years since I bought it new and never had it shut down on me.

I understand, and like you, I’ve had an Watch since it was first introduced and I don’t recall a day going by since 2015 that I’ve not worn one. Yet, I’ve caught myself on a few occasions in which the back of my hand/wrist area was pressing against both the Digital Crown and side button. Push-ups and similar activities were the culprit for me.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes Series 3 SS. Would do exactly what you described. I reset it using the watch settings and set up as new and problems went away.

A_M_W

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone experienced their watch randomly locking on your wrist, or randomly shutting off? Every once in a while I’ll look at my watch and it will either be turned off or shut down. The only way it turns back on for me is force restart procedure holding both buttons. It’s very frustrating! I’ve never had any problems until this update.

Just seen this article and thought it might be relevant to the issue you are having with your Watch.
1a99f8d3ee6b75b983cae43ba6093411.jpg

A_M_W

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Just seen this article and thought it might be relevant to the issue you are having with your Watch.

Sorry I am not able to share the link. Anyway it’s saying that people with Watch 3 are reporting issues with unexplained reboots and shutdowns.

dieselman412

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you so much for that helpful article, that just about explains everything I’m dealing with on my watch. I forgot to mention but this just reminded me I’m having blank things on my screen too like the weather for example.

1a99f8d3ee6b75b983cae43ba6093411.jpg

A_M_W

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much for that helpful article, that just about explains everything I’m dealing with on my watch. I forgot to mention but this just reminded me I’m having blank things on my screen too like the weather for example.

You’re welcome. As it’s mentioned on Apple support forums, hopefully Apple are aware of it and working on a solution.

dieselman412

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
Do you think I should just continue to use my watch and deal with the bug until 7.02, or should I unpair it from my phone and re-pair it? I’ve never had to deal with this before so I’m not sure what I should do and how to do it.

You’re welcome. As it’s mentioned on Apple support forums, hopefully Apple are aware of it and working on a solution.

A_M_W

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Do you think I should just continue to use my watch and deal with the bug until 7.02, or should I unpair it from my phone and re-pair it? I’ve never had to deal with this before so I’m not sure what I should do and how to do it.

I re-paired mine when the battery was draining and when I called Apple Support it was one of the things they said they’d recommend to do. I did it twice and the second time I set it up as new, rather than from back up. That solution seems to iron out quite a lot of software issues. It’s annoying to have to do, but I guess it’s worth a try.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen