How do I disable theatre mode and the water lock feature?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I was putting on my Apple Watch this morning and accidentally turned ON theater mode and the water lock feature. I can’t seem to get them off By swiping up to access control center

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
can’t get feature off

The water lock feature disables the touch screen.

To disable it, rotate the Digital Crown (aka wheel). After a couple of seconds of rotation, it will unlock the screen.

Then, you can access Control Centre and disable Theatre mode.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: can’t get feature off

so if you go swimming or take a shower, turn that ON

Yes, however, after both events, make sure you rinse your watch with tap water to flush away soap and chemicals that Apple says WILL damage the watch if it's not cleaned.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: can’t get feature off

If I Have to go out in the rain, I try and activate the water leak feature BEFORE! If I forget, I still do so after the fact as a precaution!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The water lock feature is only there to prevent your watch from accidentally detecting touches to the screen.
It doesn’t do anything to close the watch to water intake or whatsoever.
Doing the rinse thingie after disabling water lock does help with purging excess water from the speaker, but that’s all there is to it.

So if you went out in rain and forgot to turn on water lock, doing so after the fact doesn’t add anything much.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
for some reason I don’t want to take that risk of swimming with it or showering with it even though I know you can. What do you guys do?

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I won’t swim in my Apple Watch either. Not just because I have the Milanese band, but because I wouldn’t want shampoo or chlorine to get in contact with it. I can read the clock on the wall, even without my specs!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2