New features

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
what is backwards compatible

I mean I want any new watch faces they come up with to be made available on previous Watches. Apple tends to introduce a new watch face and then make it only available on the newest Watch.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Install / make your own watch faces.
Blood glucose monitor.
Infrared transmitter so I can turn off/change the channels on the stupid TVs at airports, hotel breakfast/coffee areas, or anywhere else I’m bombarded by screens.
Emergency distress beacon like the Breitling Emergency has.
High speed saw and a super magnet like James Bond had in his watch.

Okay, I might have gone off the deep end, but the saw and magnet would be super nice to have. :cool:

Oh, almost forgot, the ability to update the watch OS with it not being on the charger when your battery is at 100%. (We will make it say 80%, but I’ve literally took the watch off the charger, put the watch on, and saw an update was available.)

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I would like to see message deletion synced across the Apple Watch and iPhone. I'm tired of deleting messages separately on each device.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
This is what I wrote about what I wanted for watchOS 5:

1. better notification control (allow tone choice, allow some with sound, some with haptics, some with none, some with both),
  2. better workout app (an option to get rid of the dumb countdown, support for interval training).
  3. I'd love to see some smart coaching for running/biking/walking/swimming/triathlon, either as part of an iPhone app or just on the watch, based on previous workouts and heart rate stats.
  4. Hardware buttons for the workout app as well, to start/stop or indicate a lap.
  5. Support to share workout app data to third party apps like Strava, Garmin, etc.
  6. The ability to pair with an iPad, if desired.
  7. Support for more/better watch faces (I'd be ok with aggressive vetting in the app store for these, to prevent people from making a duplicate Rolex face, say.)
  8. I'd love the ability to uninstall stock apps like iOS 10 added, such as the phone app.

So, I'd say that we already have parts of 5 and we have 8. I can't think of much else.

I do know that, as for today, there will be little new functionality (like sleep tracking) announced for watchOS 7. They save that for the September announcement of new watches.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
All I want are classy watch faces that are backward compatible.

I want big digital time in the middle with a lot of complications !
99d64a2f423cab1304df854e7a26ff0b.jpg

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I’d like to be able to dictate a message and be able to edit it if needed before it sends. Right now there’s no way to do that; you either have to cancel it and re-do it or send it as is.

I wonder if it’s possible for an Apple Watch to have a way to tell you what your body temperature is? That would be handy.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I’d like to be able to dictate a message and be able to edit it if needed before it sends. Right now there’s no way to do that; you either have to cancel it and re-do it or send it as is.

I wonder if it’s possible for an Apple Watch to have a way to tell you what your body temperature is? That would be handy.

I totally agree. Im finding it better if you hold down Siri before releasing to send it

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
The ability to choose whether the watch uses onboard GPS or the iPhones when the watch is paired. It still astounds me I have to turn off the watch bluetooth and use it in standalone mode for work outs even though my phone is with me in a pocket or my bag 🥴

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711