Bought Apple Watch

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
All you would need is your iPhone running iOS 13.
You will need to “reinstall” the Watch app if you hid it from the home screen, but it’s already on the device.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I just bought me an Apple Watch morning on Amazon. Series 5 for $299. Do I need the app to set it up?

As stated in the previous post, you will need to use the Apple Watch app. The Apple Watch app is what the watch syncs to, where the settings lie, where you can easily manage apps, watch faces, and complications. It’s also required for software updates.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Me too. I bought the 44mm for $329. It’ll be here Monday. I have the series 1 so I believe the 5 will be a little better. Haha

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
does the magnetic wristband come off easy? i’m a cashier at a grocery store so I didn’t know

Apple's Milanese loop band? For me, no. Some people say that it loosens over time, but it never does to me when I wear it. Third party bands may not be as secure, and I sometimes wonder if people who complain about the Milanese loop loosening up over time are wearing a third party version.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Which is the better deal the Apple Watch on the Apple store which is series 3 $199 or the series 5

Value is in the eye of the purchaser. If you don't need the functionality in the S5 that is not in the S3 (ECG, larger and more faces, sound detection, compass, fall detection), then of course the S3 may be the better value.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Since watchOS 6 is compatible with all Watch models, except the original Watch, then I’d suspect that the Series 3 may be supported for a couple of more years. Still, I can’t guarantee it.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
how much longer do you think the series 3 will be supported software wise then series 5

The S3 was a huge step-up in performance over the S2, while the S4 (and the S5, which uses the same processor as the S4) are less dramatic increases over the S3. I suspect that the S3 will be supported by Apple for at least two more versions, maybe longer. (As they are selling them new now with two-year AppleCare+ options, I say that they get to watchOS 8 at least, if not more.)

I think it's possible that the S3 will remain as Apple's low-cost option again this fall, in which case I think the S3 goes to watchOS 9.

So far every watch version has received at least three more watchOS updates; the original AW received four, so that suggests that the S3 should get to at least watchOS 8 (which would be replaced in fall of 2022).

Of course the S5 will be supported by OS update longer than the S3.

But this is all speculation...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR