watchOS 6 Official

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
My big question is I have a 98% charge on my watch. Why do I have to have it on the charger to update ???

OMG the wifi is horrible here at work, and it's taking forever. I'm still seeing 14 hours to install. What happens if I pull it off the charger and wait til I get home tonight?

It pauses the download...

Also try shutting BT off when at home and let me know what happens. Might have some kind of IT policy at your office.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My big question is I have a 98% charge on my watch. Why do I have to have it on the charger to update ???

Because Apple wants to make sure a dead battery isn’t the reason that an update didn’t finish installing.
Battery life on an Watch is amazing. But apparently not amazing enough for Apple to entrust an update on it.

Nope! It finally completed! Phew.... I need a drink!

Pour me a glass too

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I absolutely hate not having the app store in the iPhone watch app. I'm not going to browse for apps using my watch only. Gonna have to figure out how to search the regular app store for watch complications.

Having it on the watch is not a bad thing but NOT also having it on your phone is just flat annoying.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely hate not having the app store in the iPhone watch app. I'm not going to browse for apps using my watch only. Gonna have to figure out how to search the regular app store for watch complications.

Having it on the watch is not a bad thing but NOT also having it on your phone is just flat annoying.

So it’s supposed to be like that then? I thought maybe I was just having issues on the phone. I’m in agreement with you. Trying to look at/read descriptions on the Watch is a PITA.

As for the update I’ve had to reboot my watch twice so far to get things working correctly. Have never had to do that before.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have the spinning wheel of death for apps to install? Been like that for hours. Rebooted the phone and watch and nothing actually installs.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have the spinning wheel of death for apps to install? Been like that for hours. Rebooted the phone and watch and nothing actually installs.

Update: my home WiFi fixed it. I had been setting up my watch at work which doesn’t have the fastest WiFi speeds. Got home and the 235 mbps did the trick.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
OMG the wifi is horrible here at work, and it's taking forever. I'm still seeing 14 hours to install. What happens if I pull it off the charger and wait til I get home tonight?

Interrupting the upgrade will not harm things. I’ve done it several times over the years with my watches without any issues. In fact, the install just resumes.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

The App Store is still in my Watch App on my iPhone and is now on my Watch too.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The App Store is still in my Watch App on my iPhone and is now on my Watch too.

This is what mine shows. It does nothing.
b9fd983fefe8e7158d1bfecc500b172d.jpg

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Watch App Store now working on my phone. Where before it would do nothing now if you slide up it will give you the option to use the app on the phone.