What would you like to see in Watch OS 6?

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Of course, there is Always On to show the time. What would you most like to see as a software enhancement to your watch in the net major release of the OS next fall?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Native sleep tracking
Better and faster detecting of a workout in session
Bring back the ability for Siri to tell the battery charge level of the iPhone
Ability to lock the iPhone from the Watch (for when your iPhone is unlocked on a table nearby but you want to immediately lock it from your watch)

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
  • FaceKit so developers can create third party faces
  • Ability to share workout data to third party services like Strava etc.
  • Ability to see workout data online period
  • Independence from iPhone (i.e., watch can be a standalone device) and ability to pair with iPad
  • Sharing Activity app and Health data to other iCloud synced devices (iPad, Mac)
  • Interval support for running workouts (and swimming, and biking, whatever)
  • Ability to add workout data to Activity (in case you forgot your watch, it crashed mid-workout, it was in for repair, etc.)
  • Multiple timers
  • Option for seconds on all digital watch faces
  • Ability to have notifications sound on watch, iPhone/iPad, or both, by app
  • Custom notification tones and ringtones
  • Ability to update OS and app on the watch itself over WiFi
  • Sleep tracking
  • Maybe return to home option in workouts (so if you are running someplace you haven't been and get lost it will start guiding you back to the start or your run. Or bike, or walk, of course.)

Just off the top of my head...

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
•The ability to connect the watch to a new device without having to erase it.

•To be able to backup the watch to iCloud, and not have to rely on the iPhone backup.

•Better watch faces.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
  • The ability to delete multiple text messages at once.

Oh, that reminds me - one more:

• iMessage in iCloud sync, finally. (Any messages deleted from any source should be deleted from all. As of now, the watch remain an island, with its own message store that doesn't sync deletions.)

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
It's not necessarily a software enhancement but can they for the love of all creation figure out how to speed up the software update process on the Apple Watch as it's so painfully slow.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Just update overnight. Then the slowness of the process is not a concern.

I don’t need an alternative I just want the process pace to improve significantly. Besides I wear my watch at night for sleep tracking so either way while it’s updating I’m losing towards my stand and move rings waiting for the darn update to finish. Come on Apple this needs to be improved!!

anachrotech

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
I would like to be able to set notifications to occur on the phone and watch simultaneously. It'll only occur on one or the other depending on the setting with the exception of the phone. If my phone rings, I'll at least get haptic on the watch. I'd even be happy with that with messages and mail.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I would like to be able to set notifications to occur on the phone and watch simultaneously. It'll only occur on one or the other depending on the setting with the exception of the phone. If my phone rings, I'll at least get haptic on the watch. I'd even be happy with that with messages and mail.

FWIW, that's one thing that always happens on both for me - my iPhone and watch both ring when there is a phone call. For everything else - nope.

As I said in my post above, I want the ability to set notifications to be watch-only, iPhone-only, on neither, or on both at the same time, on an app-by-app basis.