Does the Siri Watch Face take up more battery life?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I don't have specific data to back this up, but I started using the Siri Watch face late yesterday afternoon, and it "seems" that my battery life took a hit. Any thoughts about this?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
It has more on the screen at any given moment. OLED screens are more battery efficient with less to display. That is why I use a black screen with the time, date and Carrot weather on it.

Also reboot the Watch to make sure nothing in the background is using battery.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have specific data to back this up, but I started using the Siri Watch face late yesterday afternoon, and it "seems" that my battery life took a hit. Any thoughts about this?

I suppose it’s possible, but I can’t say for certain. I don’t use the Siri watch face, but I can test it out for you and see if see an unusual drop in battery life.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It would make sense that the Siri watch face uses more battery since it is actively scanning for information all day. I wouldn’t expect it to be a major drop, but I’m pretty sure I noticed the same thing when I tried it after it was introduced.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, everyone. There was not a huge drop, but more than normal. I am trying the modular face today! Just playing! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234