Started my watch update and after two hours it was still on estimating time remaining. It hadn’t changed at all. It’s never done that before on any other update, so I took it off the charger I restarted my phone and I restarted my watch. Opened up the my watch app and it still said the exact same thing as when the watch was on the charger like it was still downloading the update. Now it’s been another 2 1/2 hours and the status bar says estimated time remaining five hours! But it has said that for at least the last hour. Any suggestions? I’m thinking I’m going to leave it alone overnight and see what happens and if it’s still the same I’m going to call the Apple Store and make an appointment at the Genius Bar.

Very disappointing to say the least.
    09-19-2018 06:30 PM
    Started my watch update and after two hours it was still on estimating time remaining. It hadn’t changed at all. It’s never done that before on any other update, so I took it off the charger I restarted my phone and I restarted my watch. Opened up the my watch app and it still said the exact same thing as when the watch was on the charger like it was still downloading the update. Now it’s been another 2 1/2 hours and the status bar says estimated time remaining five hours! But it has said that for at least the last hour. Any suggestions? I’m thinking I’m going to leave it alone overnight and see what happens and if it’s still the same I’m going to call the Apple Store and make an appointment at the Genius Bar.

I said this in another thread and it may help you too:
    On your iPhone go to Settings > Bluetooth and disable it. Your watch will connect over WiFi to your iPhone and the download will go faster than over Bluetooth.
    Hopefully this will help you speed up the download process.
    Annie_M likes this.
    09-19-2018 06:36 PM
    I said this in another thread and it may help you too:
    On your iPhone go to Settings > Bluetooth and disable it. Your watch will connect over WiFi to your iPhone and the download will go faster than over Bluetooth.
    Hopefully this will help you speed up the download process.
    I tried that and it gave me an error message saying I had to have both Bluetooth AND Wi-Fi enabled! I have iPhone X and series 3 watch.
    09-19-2018 07:15 PM
    You can dismiss that prompt. That’s what I have been doing ever since I learned this trick.
    09-19-2018 07:18 PM
    You can dismiss that prompt. That’s what I have been doing ever since I learned this trick.
    OK, I’ll try that. By the way the estimated time remaining on the download has gone from three hours to five hours back to three hours then 27 minutes and now it says eight hours! What the heck is going on???
    09-19-2018 08:31 PM

Is that the estimated download time or the actual update time? If it’s the former, it could be your internet connection or an issue with Apple’s servers.
    09-19-2018 08:38 PM
    Is that the estimated download time or the actual update time? If it’s the former, it could be your internet connection or an issue with Apple’s servers.
    It says “about 8 hours remaining.” And “downloading to watch.”
    09-19-2018 08:51 PM
    It says “about 8 hours remaining.” And “downloading to watch.”
    If you tap on the Watch, do you see the lock screen or the white  symbol? If it’s the lock screen then it’s still downloading the file and you should be able to restart the process. The reason I say that is because on one occasion, a while back, my download was stuck overnight and I simply rebooted my Watch and started over, but that was a risk I took with my own property.

With that in mind, you are going to have to decide whether to wait it out or take it to an Apple Store to have them update it for you.
    09-19-2018 09:21 PM
    If you tap on the Watch, do you see the lock screen or the white  symbol? If it’s the lock screen then it’s still downloading the file and you should be able to restart the process. The reason I say that is because on one occasion, a while back, my download was stuck overnight and I simply rebooted my Watch and started over, but that was a risk I took with my own property.

With that in mind, you are going to have to decide whether to wait it out or take it to an Apple Store to have them update it for you.
    Thanks for your suggestions! I’m going to bed now so I will check it in the morning. If no progress then, I will decide what to do from that point.
    09-19-2018 09:50 PM
    I bet if you wait a couple of days after the initial release, the download will go much more quickly. My download took less than 20 minutes for a series 3 watch
    09-20-2018 02:39 PM
    @edswife1970 posted in another thread that her watch had completed its update and install when she woke up this morning!!!
    09-20-2018 02:45 PM