Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Title says it, get it.

291d46c8ee6944871a39abdabdc6d150.jpg

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Downloading and installing WatchOS is PAINFULLY slow! This is on my series 3...when will it be as efficient as installing iOS on your watch?

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Messages went back to displaying phone number and not the name of people sending messages after installing Watch OS5.

If you experience this, remember to reset your sync data (My Watch > General > Reset > Reset Sync Data.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I downloaded it successfully. I put it on the charger about an hour before I went to bed. It did seem to take a bit longer than my iPhone and iPad, but our bedroom is at the opposite end of the house and the wifi connection isn't the best. It really didn't matter though, because it was all done by the time I woke up this morning.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else notice potentially longer battery life? Updated mine yesterday at 6pm and used until midnight and only dropped 2% battery. Will know for sure today then I get home and where the battery charge is.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I installed it last night; like everyone else, it took some time, about 90 minutes to 2 hours (I didn't time it.)

The few things (randomly) that I have noticed so far:

- The large heartrate complication no longer shows your last reading - it just says tap to get a reading. I'm not sure why Apple made this change; I'll likely just take the complication off now, as it's pretty useless as a complication in a large slot.

- Text size on workout data fields is quite a bit smaller and harder to read. I think that was also the wrong direction to go.

- I am trying out the Siri watch face again, and it is definitely more useful this time. With watchOS 4 I gave up on it after less than a day; this time I'll try it a while longer.

- I wish there was a way to uninstall the walk-talkie app. I'll never use it. (I know that I can uninstall it indirectly by uninstalling FaceTime from the iPhone, but I'd prefer not to go that far. I rarely use FT, but some people do make audio calls to me that way.)

- This is not watchOS 5 specific, but, boy do I wish there were more digital watch faces that show seconds other than the Activity digital watch face.

- Thumbs-up to allowing third party audio apps to have volume control and easy media transfer. For the first time I may go out for a run without the iPhone to see how well that will work. (I still prefer having the phone with me for emergencies, though. I run often in very rural areas with spotty LTE and GSM coverage, so I'm not sure a cellular watch is a good enough alternative yet.)

- Thumbs-up as well for allowing edit of the control center.

It'll probably take a few more days of use to get reaction to everything new.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nice....rumor is you have to update your phone to iOS 12 first? Any truth to that?

I doubt it, but when the first dev beta of iOS 12 came out in June, I installed it. Afterwards, I install the first beta of watchOS 5.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else notice potentially longer battery life? Updated mine yesterday at 6pm and used until midnight and only dropped 2% battery. Will know for sure today then I get home and where the battery charge is.

My battery life with watchOS 5 has been great, but it has been great with the previous watchOS so I’m not really seeing an improvement or decrease in battery life.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Text size on workout data fields is quite a bit smaller and harder to read. I think that was also the wrong direction to go.

I noticed this on my run this morning. I couldn’t read it very well before since I don’t wear my glasses when I run. Now, forget about it.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
My battery life with watchOS 5 has been great, but it has been great with the previous watchOS so I’m not really seeing an improvement or decrease in battery life.

Mine just went from 100% to 8% in 90 minutes. Something is obviously wrong on my end. I have been trying to get the walkie talkie to work (it hasn’t) and I suspect this might be the issue.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
- I wish there was a way to uninstall the walk-talkie app. I'll never use it. (I know that I can uninstall it indirectly by uninstalling FaceTime from the iPhone, but I'd prefer not to go that far. I rarely use FT, but some people do make audio calls to me that way.)

So, I just discovered that you can delete the FT app from the iPhone but retain the ability to make and receive FT calls from the Phone app, so this may indeed be the way that I go forward. We'll see; I'll wait to see if somebody tries to contact me with the W-T app first...

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
- The large heartrate complication no longer shows your last reading - it just says tap to get a reading. I'm not sure why Apple made this change; I'll likely just take the complication off now, as it's pretty useless as a complication in a large slot.

As an update, this was fixed when I restarted the watch. Anybody else seeing this should have it fixed that way. Weird bug (I saw the fix on reddit where other people had the same issue.)

One more thing - battery life on the S2 seems much better to me. (And that's with the Siri watch face being used most of the time, which seemed to drain battery more on watchOS 4.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711