watchOS dev beta

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the test !

It will be a super function for me while biking when it work !
Cause I do a rather fast biking session and control volume with the crown it’s difficult...

Gotcha. When it’s not windy, I ride my MTB handsfree, therefore turning the crown isn’t much of an effort for me.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
watchOS dev beta 8

Apple Watch directly inspired by Star Trek ?!
Captain Kirk using "Raise to speak"
4acbcbec35ce8db08d637ad85d6bfbc1.jpg

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
The other bug that nagging me with raise to speak is that it didn’t work every time I raise my arm...
I always raise my watch close to mouth, about 1 inche, and speak directly to the screen like if it was a microphone... but it work 3 out 5 try....

So ok it’s a beta, I just hope it will be more stable in the final version in September !

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The other bug that nagging me with raise to speak is that it didn’t work every time I raise my arm...
I always raise my watch close to mouth, about 1 inche, and speak directly to the screen like if it was a microphone... but it work 3 out 5 try....

So ok it’s a beta, I just hope it will be more stable in the final version in September !

The snugger the watch is around the wrist, the better raise to speak works, is my experience.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
The snugger the watch is around the wrist, the better raise to speak works, is my experience.

You are right it help but there still some misses...

But after I installed watchOS 5 beta 8 and done about 15 commands and it all worked !!!

It’s seems that the closer the Watch is to your mouth the better it work ! The watch almost touches my lips...

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
But the bug with "raise to speak" about asking to raise or lower the volume of the music is still there in beta 8... The watch said it’s done but the volume stay the same...

Note: it’s now the same bug with my AirPods...
Raise or lower volume with Siri on the AirPods does not work...

It use to work before iOS 12 beta 9...

Anyone can test raising or lowering the volume by voice with Siri on AirPods ?

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is iMessage syncing still working for you all? In particular, if you delete an iMessage from your iPhone, does it still auto-delete from your Watch?

apbthe3

May 1, 2012
Visit site
But the bug with "raise to speak" about asking to raise or lower the volume of the music is still there in beta 8... The watch said it’s done but the volume stay the same...

Note: it’s now the same bug with my AirPods...
Raise or lower volume with Siri on the AirPods does not work...

It use to work before iOS 12 beta 9...

Anyone can test raising or lowering the volume by voice with Siri on AirPods ?

I just checked and have the same issue on both AirPods (connected to phone and watch) and using Siri on the watch. The only one that works is talking directly to my phone.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I just checked and have the same issue on both AirPods (connected to phone and watch) and using Siri on the watch. The only one that works is talking directly to my phone.

Thanks apbthe3 !

Same here on the iPhone voice commands volume work well !

I have send that bug to Apple for the raise to speak part since beta 3.
They ask me for more infos that I provided before iOS 12 beta 9 and before watchOS 5 beta 8...

But now I will inform them about the Airpods part...

Last edited:

apbthe3

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Is iMessage syncing still working for you all? In particular, if you delete an iMessage from your iPhone, does it still auto-delete from your Watch?

I just tried and it didn’t work for me, unless it’s super slow. I’ll check again in the morning to see if it’s still there.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

It works for me. Both deleting individual messages from a conversation as well as deleting the conversation itself are reflected onto the Watch messages.
I like it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It works for me. Both deleting individual messages from a conversation as well as deleting the conversation itself are reflected onto the Watch messages.
I like it.

Yeah, a reboot fixed the problem for me. Thanks.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Question to those with the Watch OS 5 beta: does it include the Podcast app and, if so, how is working? Does it sync podcasts between the watch and the phone (i.e. if you are listening on one device can you pickup where you left off on the other)?

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Wow watchOS 5 beta 8 and iOS 12 beta 9 did a very good job for "Raise to Speak"

95% of my vocals commands work now compare to around 70% before !

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried playing music from the watch to my Airpods and raise the volume with raise to speak and it stop the music and the watch show that it’s done and as soon as I go back to the screen player on the watch I see the volume going up but as soon as the music start again the volume revert back to what it was before the command...

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
The bug with raise the volume with raise to speak on the watch is still there in iOS 12 beta 10.
But raising the volume with Siri via AirPods now work !

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My Watch is working as expected on beta 8. No issues and battery life is back to fantastic. Raise to Siri works everytime

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My Watch is working as expected on beta 8. No issues and battery life is back to fantastic. Raise to Siri works everytime

Same here. I initiated the update just before I got into bed and when I woke up, the update had installed without a problem. Afterwards, I got up, went for a three mile run and used the exercise app on the Watch. Like previously, it worked like a charm.

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I installed the latest beta on my S2 Nike last night and “raise to speak” doesn’t work for me, even after a restart. Everything else seems to work great.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73