watchOS 5 Developer Beta 2

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Was on 4..3.1, and tried to install 5 beta 2. My phone shows complete, but my watch has been like this since last night. Any ideas?

The last two times I updated my watch with the new beta, that is what I had to deal with. I simply rebooted the watch and it rebooted to the lock screen and has been working flawlessly.

45Shield

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
The last two times I updated my watch with the new beta, that is what I had to deal with. I simply rebooted the watch and it rebooted to the lock screen and has been working flawlessly.

Buttons on watch did nothing, so I tried unpairing and re-pairing. It gave me the option to restore from OS 5, and now I am enjoying the 5 beta!

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I found out on a site that you got to put the watch pretty close to your mouth for raise to speak to work !

And I can confirm that it help a lot !!!
It’s not perfect but it work for me with fewer fail !

Raise your watch like it was a microphone, about one inch from your mouth.
And speak as soon as the Watch is at the position cause if you wait too long it won’t work...

Still raise to speak need some fixes...
Like when listening to music. I say set the volume to 70% Siri said that it’s done but it’s not...
But forward/backward and Play command does work !

Some of my shortcuts also work but not all of them...

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Suggestion for those that said it don’t work...

I wear my watch upside down now,
8f6e17736eb95c791d11a4e53becd3ad.jpeg
cause if I raise to speak more on the side of the crown I got more fails then on the side of the mike... And with my crown now to the left it’s more comfortable that way. Don’t need to raise my arm as far and can speak softly !

I got Google Home and before raise to speak I almost never use Siri.
But now I use Siri to contrôle my lights, all my smart plug device and music.

But Google Home is more performant on all other general request about the outside world !