watchOS 5 Developer Beta 1

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually in the process of downloading watchOS 5 Dev beta 1 right now and will install it on my watch when I go to bed. Hopefully, the install with go smoothly and the new OS performs well once it's installed.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
But does Hey Siri work when the Watch screen is on?

Edit: never mind, apparently restarting the Watch had fixed it. I just noticed it works.

Okay. Thanks for the update. After reading your post, I said, “hey Siri” while looking at my Apple Watch. My HomePod answered...(laughing).

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, this is a thing right now....

fb5e5afb3587c4da36014f18d4057598.png

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Okay. Thanks for the update. After reading your post, I said, “hey Siri” while looking at my Apple Watch. My HomePod answered...(laughing).

Apple has solved that with the iPhone and the Watch. It somehow detects whichever is closer to you and automatically shuts off Siri on the device that’s further away from you for that specific instance and let’s the nearest device handle the request.

I would think it was also implemented for the HomePod but I may be wrong.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple has solved that with the iPhone and the Watch. It somehow detects whichever is closer to you and automatically shuts off Siri on the device that’s further away from you for that specific instance and let’s the nearest device handle the request.

My watch running watchOS 5 dev beta 1 was on my left wrist, my MacBook Pro was right in front of me and turned on, and my HomePod was probably 12 feet away. It answered when I said “hey Siri”. I just did it less than 30 seconds ago and the HomePod took over again....

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

If there is one more thing I want from Siri, it’s the ability to say “hey Siri on my iPhone” or “hey Siri on my watch”. When I’m in the car especially and I want to navigate somewhere - well, I usually stop to do this, but I’d rather be able to say “hey Siri on my iPhone, navigate to 123 main st etc.” than have Siri on my watch try do to this, because it’s closer.

syx6sic

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the new profile on my watch and 12 on my phone but keeps telling me my watch is up todate anyone else having issues?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox