Watch os 4.3

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Strange issue here - watch app shows beta 6 available for update but no beta profiles installed - neither on the watch nor on the X. Had both devices restarted several times but still the same issue. Any suggestions?

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I’ll let my Watch update while I’m asleep...

Mine has gone thru 3 or 4 cycles “preparing” and has yet to get to installing. Anyone else having the same problem or am I just being impatient.....it’s been a good hour so far.....

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine has gone thru 3 or 4 cycles “preparing” and has yet to get to installing. Anyone else having the same problem or am I just being impatient.....it’s been a good hour so far.....

And that’s 2 more cycles....I don’t know if i should let it try or close the watch app out and reboot my phone and watch.....

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I am having some "issues" with Music control from the watch. Now, granted it's possible it is because I'm on a gen 0 watch and have iTunes Match (shouldn't matter on either count).

Generally what is happening is this. Sometimes it was having a hard time playing to my airpods. Then I would get that going and select a PL. Wouldn't always spin up. And t hen when I did, selecting another PL wouldn't stop the current music and play the new selection.

Again, I may be asking too much of my older generation watch. Mostly, if I am exercising or running, etc., I'll kick off a playlist from the phone and use "Now Playing" on my watch to skips tracks.

One thing that would be nice to have if all was working smoothly for me would be the ability to have the watch tell the phone to shuffle a PL. No option to do that. It will only play the PL in the order it resides on your phone/iTunes/etc......

[ETA] And now it seems like it is working ok. Weird. But I would still like to have the ability to Shuffle from the watch......can't have it all. Just glad that music control is back

[ETA2] ok, not CONSISTENTLY working.
[ETA3] <facepalm>

Last edited:

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I am having some "issues" with Music control from the watch. Now, granted it's possible it is because I'm on a gen 0 watch and have iTunes Match (shouldn't matter on either count).

Generally what is happening is this. Sometimes it was having a hard time playing to my airpods. Then I would get that going and select a PL. Wouldn't always spin up. And t hen when I did, selecting another PL wouldn't stop the current music and play the new selection.

Again, I may be asking too much of my older generation watch. Mostly, if I am exercising or running, etc., I'll kick off a playlist from the phone and use "Now Playing" on my watch to skips tracks.

One thing that would be nice to have if all was working smoothly for me would be the ability to have the watch tell the phone to shuffle a PL. No option to do that. It will only play the PL in the order it resides on your phone/iTunes/etc......

[ETA] And now it seems like it is working ok. Weird. But I would still like to have the ability to Shuffle from the watch......can't have it all. Just glad that music control is back

[ETA2] ok, not CONSISTENTLY working.
[ETA3] <facepalm>

Ok, back at my place with all devices able to access my strong WiFi network, playback and switching between playlists was flawless.

Perhaps where I was before, with a weaker cell signal, it just couldn’t keep up.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Looks like the clock dock is now available when charging in portrait mode. Might be s3 only feature but now sure.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the clock dock is now available when charging in portrait mode. Might be s3 only feature but now sure.

It's for all watches on 4.3. Here are the release notes: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208071

[FONT=&quot]This update contains new features, improvements, and bug fixes.[/FONT]
  • Control volume and playback on HomePod from your Apple Watch
  • Restores ability to control music on iPhone
  • Use any orientation for Nightstand charging mode
  • Siri watch face now shows progress towards closing Activity rings and when new songs are added to Apple Music mixes
  • Resolves an issue where Activity achievements were incorrectly awarded for some users
  • Fixes an issue where Siri music commands were not working for some audio devices
Very glad to see that Activity fix. Now we won't see so many posts about those issues. I hope.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Since watchOS 4.3 often the watch stay on the Apple logo and won’t start...
I got to press both buttons to reset it and wait 20sec to retry open my watch...
Anyone have seen the problem ?
It’s both on my serie-3 and serie-2 that got this problem since 4.3...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I got to press both buttons to reset it and wait 20sec to retry open my watch...

I’ve not experienced anything like that. If you have the time, try pairing the Watch to your iPhone again.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

With my Series 0 I used to have my Watch die on me during the day. Ever since I got the Series 3 back in late January I have yet to have it run out of battery.

Therefor I wouldn’t know if I have the issue about the Watch not booting up and getting stuck on the  logo.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Well I can confirm that I’m not alone because in an Apple forum many peoples got also this bug since the update so it’s probably a bug in 4.3.
I keep my watch ON and well charge until the next update of watchOS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2