How come Apple cant message us on our Apple Watch when we forget our iPhone ? They already detect it and show a red phone on our watch so it would not be so difficult to buzz the watch with a message "iPhone out of connection" or something like that... ???

02-17-2018 06:02 PM
    Who leaves the house without their phone? I activated my s3 on LTE and still take my phone everywhere.
    02-17-2018 07:24 PM
    Well use your imagination and let say your at the restaurant or at friend house and your iPhone slipped out your pocket without you notice it. I think you would be mad to arrive at your home and reach for your phone and it’s not there...
    WHERE IS MY PHOOOOOONE

Even with your S3 you would be mad to have to go back to get your phone. And will it still be there at the restaurant ? And may be your friend had leave their house for the weekend...
    Last edited by Donkichot; 02-18-2018 at 03:21 PM.
    02-17-2018 07:33 PM
    This is actually an awesome idea. I have left my parents’ house too often leaving my phone and having to go back.
    02-17-2018 07:37 PM
    There are many developers in this forum I think. Why not a developer create an Apple Watch app that does that.
    Here is the specification that I give freely...

"IF Red Phone on the Watch THEN Buzz and message on the Watch"
    Last edited by Donkichot; 02-17-2018 at 08:02 PM.
    02-17-2018 07:42 PM
    Found this Bringrr for your car inform you that you about to go without your phone !
    And can also charge your phone !

02-18-2018 12:01 AM
    Tile recently added a feature that alerts you if you walk too far away from your phone.

www.thetileapp.com
    02-18-2018 06:33 AM
    How come Apple cant message us on our Apple Watch when we forget our iPhone ? They already detect it and show a red phone on our watch so it would not be so difficult to buzz the watch with a message "iPhone out of connection" or something like that... ???

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ca58a0a1be.jpg
    What about those of us with an Watch Series 2 or 3 who choose to leave our iPhones at home when we go out jogging or bikeing. Not all of us want to be nagged about it.
    02-18-2018 11:41 AM
    Surely a watch can’t be a substitute for a memory ?
    02-18-2018 11:49 AM
    What about those of us with an Watch Series 2 or 3 who choose to leave our iPhones at home when we go out jogging or bikeing. Not all of us want to be nagged about it.
    Yes but what about the time you didn’t noticed your phone slipping away from you in a theatre, restaurant or wherever it can be lost or forget...
    And man it’s not complicated, your watch will buzz with a message then you click ok, yes I know it or thanks I was about to lost or forget my iPhone somewhere !!!
    Last edited by Donkichot; 02-18-2018 at 03:20 PM.
    02-18-2018 12:03 PM
    Surely a watch can’t be a substitute for a memory ?
    Man it had nothing to do with memory when you think your iPhone is in your pocket but it’s not...
    02-18-2018 12:04 PM
    Tile recently added a feature that alerts you if you walk too far away from your phone.

www.thetileapp.com
    Can you give more info on that feature ?
    Cause I didn’t see it on the link you provided...
    02-18-2018 12:10 PM
    Did Apple change this? I haven’t been away from my iPhone in a long time. When I first got my S0 Apple Watch when it was brand new I tested that feature and I liked that it let me know my phone was away from me.
    02-18-2018 12:55 PM
    Did Apple change this? I haven’t been away from my iPhone in a long time. When I first got my S0 Apple Watch when it was brand new I tested that feature and I liked that it let me know my phone was away from me.
    What feature ? Can you retest it and give more info please ?
    JML5150 likes this.
    02-18-2018 01:01 PM
    It's something simple to implement, and my Gear S3 notifies me if I'm away from my Note 8. I can cancel it if I intentionally left the phone behind.

Maybe harcore Apple fans will accept it only if Apple announces it as a big feature for their next watch. It's really surprising to see people trying to justify why Apple didn't implement a feature.
    02-18-2018 01:54 PM
    It's something simple to implement, and my Gear S3 notifies me if I'm away from my Note 8. I can cancel it if I intentionally left the phone behind.

Maybe harcore Apple fans will accept it only if Apple announces it as a big feature for their next watch. It's really surprising to see people trying to justify why Apple didn't implement a feature.
    That doesn’t work for me with my Gear S2 and the Gear Manager app on iOS.
    02-18-2018 04:15 PM
    Doesn't work with iOS. Like a lotnof features of Android wear or Tizen wear doesn't work when paired with iPhone. Do notice that I mentioned a Note 8.
    02-18-2018 04:21 PM
    Yes but what about the time you didn’t noticed your phone slipping away from you in a theatre, restaurant or wherever it can be lost or forget...
    And man it’s not complicated, your watch will buzz with a message then you click ok, yes I know it or thanks I was about to lost or forget my iPhone somewhere !!!
    Aren’t there 3rd party Watch apps out there in the App Store that do what you want?
    Last edited by scruffypig; 02-19-2018 at 06:15 PM.
    02-18-2018 04:25 PM
    Aren’t there 3rd party Watch apps out there in the App Store that do what you want?
    Never found one...
    If you know one please tell us !
    02-22-2018 11:54 PM
    I have an Apple Watch series 3 GPS WatchOS 4.2.3
    iPhone 8 iOS 11.2.6
    Original Tile
    I have Tile complication on my watch and I would like my watch to beep or message me when my iPhone is out of range. Is it possible ?
    It would be really great to warn us that we forgot our iPhone!
    02-22-2018 11:55 PM
    Never found one...
    If you know one please tell us !
    Here are two:

SwiftFinder - Find Anything by SnappWish LLC

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/swif...mUvbUpU3045934

WIMP (Where Is My iPhone) by Danny Vaittsman

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wimp...mUvbUpU3045934

Both apps can do separation alerts, not sure about complications with the Apple Watch.
    Last edited by scruffypig; 02-23-2018 at 01:40 PM.
    02-23-2018 01:07 PM
    Here are two:

SwiftFinder - Find Anything by SnappWish LLC

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/swif...mUvbUpU3045945

WIMP (Where Is My iPhone) by Danny Vaittsman

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wimp...mUvbUpU3045945

Both apps can do separation alerts, not sure about complications with the Apple Watch.
    Thank you Scruffypig,

WIMP app seem interesting !
    But it doesn’t say how it alert you when your about to leave your iPhone behind... if it’s just a colour change on the watch, it’s useless...
    Since it’s not free can anyone with this app report here about it ?

Also it use Bluetooth and GPS. And GPS always on is a battery drainer...

What we need is a Bluetooth connection detector only that alert you with beep or/and a message on your watch when the Bluetooth connection is out of range !
    02-23-2018 01:59 PM
    I found this app "Fonebud" that does exactly what I wanted and plus !

The Good:
    -Alert you when your Bluetooth connection with your iPhone is out of reach !
    -You can charge your iPhone with it
    -You can take Selfie
    -You even can answer a call
    -Does not use GPS battery drainage
    -if you want a intelligent power bank charging device.
    It’s kind of affordable 55$ from Amazon...

The Bad:
    It’s bigger than your iPhone and you got to always have it with you to be alerted...
    Maybe a good buy for women’s cause they can put it in there purse...

Last edited by Donkichot; 02-23-2018 at 03:20 PM.
    02-23-2018 03:00 PM
    Thank you Scruffypig,

WIMP app seem interesting !
    But it doesn’t say how it alert you when your about to leave your iPhone behind... if it’s just a colour change on the watch, it’s useless...
    Since it’s not free can anyone with this app report here about it ?

I have never had an alert that is just a color change on the watch. I don’t know what that means? Apple Watch alerts usually are in the form of a buzz from the haptic engine of the watch.

I hope you find what you are looking for.
    02-23-2018 07:24 PM
    I've never had this happen. Ever.
    02-23-2018 08:34 PM
28 12