When you forget your phone anywhere

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
How come Apple cant message us on our Apple Watch when we forget our iPhone ? They already detect it and show a red phone on our watch so it would not be so difficult to buzz the watch with a message "iPhone out of connection" or something like that... ???

2dbedeec8f4ffa723460e7ca58a0a1be.jpg

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Who leaves the house without their phone? I activated my s3 on LTE and still take my phone everywhere.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Well use your imagination and let say your at the restaurant or at friend house and your iPhone slipped out your pocket without you notice it. I think you would be mad to arrive at your home and reach for your phone and it’s not there...
WHERE IS MY PHOOOOOONE

Even with your S3 you would be mad to have to go back to get your phone. And will it still be there at the restaurant ? And may be your friend had leave their house for the weekend...

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
This is actually an awesome idea. I have left my parents’ house too often leaving my phone and having to go back.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
There are many developers in this forum I think. Why not a developer create an Apple Watch app that does that.
Here is the specification that I give freely...

"IF Red Phone on the Watch THEN Buzz and message on the Watch"

Last edited:

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
How come Apple cant message us on our Apple Watch when we forget our iPhone ? They already detect it and show a red phone on our watch so it would not be so difficult to buzz the watch with a message "iPhone out of connection" or something like that... ???

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180217/2dbedeec8f4ffa723460e7ca58a0a1be.jpg

What about those of us with an Watch Series 2 or 3 who choose to leave our iPhones at home when we go out jogging or bikeing. Not all of us want to be nagged about it.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
What about those of us with an Watch Series 2 or 3 who choose to leave our iPhones at home when we go out jogging or bikeing. Not all of us want to be nagged about it.

Yes but what about the time you didn’t noticed your phone slipping away from you in a theatre, restaurant or wherever it can be lost or forget...
And man it’s not complicated, your watch will buzz with a message then you click ok, yes I know it or thanks I was about to lost or forget my iPhone somewhere !!!

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Did Apple change this? I haven’t been away from my iPhone in a long time. When I first got my S0 Apple Watch when it was brand new I tested that feature and I liked that it let me know my phone was away from me.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Did Apple change this? I haven’t been away from my iPhone in a long time. When I first got my S0 Apple Watch when it was brand new I tested that feature and I liked that it let me know my phone was away from me.

What feature ? Can you retest it and give more info please ?

krishnansasikumar

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
It's something simple to implement, and my Gear S3 notifies me if I'm away from my Note 8. I can cancel it if I intentionally left the phone behind.

Maybe harcore Apple fans will accept it only if Apple announces it as a big feature for their next watch. It's really surprising to see people trying to justify why Apple didn't implement a feature.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
It's something simple to implement, and my Gear S3 notifies me if I'm away from my Note 8. I can cancel it if I intentionally left the phone behind.

Maybe harcore Apple fans will accept it only if Apple announces it as a big feature for their next watch. It's really surprising to see people trying to justify why Apple didn't implement a feature.

That doesn’t work for me with my Gear S2 and the Gear Manager app on iOS.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes but what about the time you didn’t noticed your phone slipping away from you in a theatre, restaurant or wherever it can be lost or forget...
And man it’s not complicated, your watch will buzz with a message then you click ok, yes I know it or thanks I was about to lost or forget my iPhone somewhere !!!

Aren’t there 3rd party Watch apps out there in the App Store that do what you want?

Last edited:

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I have an Apple Watch series 3 GPS WatchOS 4.2.3
iPhone 8 iOS 11.2.6
Original Tile
I have Tile complication on my watch and I would like my watch to beep or message me when my iPhone is out of range. Is it possible ?
It would be really great to warn us that we forgot our iPhone!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR