Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Here are two:

SwiftFinder - Find Anything by SnappWish LLC

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/swiftfinder-find-anything/id992611044?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

WIMP (Where Is My iPhone) by Danny Vaittsman

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wimp-where-is-my-iphone/id1316860527?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Both apps can do separation alerts, not sure about complications with the Apple Watch.

Thank you Scruffypig,

WIMP app seem interesting !
But it doesn’t say how it alert you when your about to leave your iPhone behind... if it’s just a colour change on the watch, it’s useless...
Since it’s not free can anyone with this app report here about it ?

Also it use Bluetooth and GPS. And GPS always on is a battery drainer...

What we need is a Bluetooth connection detector only that alert you with beep or/and a message on your watch when the Bluetooth connection is out of range !

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I found this app "Fonebud" that does exactly what I wanted and plus !

The Good:
-Alert you when your Bluetooth connection with your iPhone is out of reach !
-You can charge your iPhone with it
-You can take Selfie
-You even can answer a call
-Does not use GPS battery drainage
-if you want a intelligent power bank charging device.
It’s kind of affordable 55$ from Amazon...

The Bad:
It’s bigger than your iPhone and you got to always have it with you to be alerted...
Maybe a good buy for women’s cause they can put it in there purse...

https://youtu.be/Hpk7rzlp9pI

Last edited:

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Thank you Scruffypig,

WIMP app seem interesting !
But it doesn’t say how it alert you when your about to leave your iPhone behind... if it’s just a colour change on the watch, it’s useless...
Since it’s not free can anyone with this app report here about it ?

I have never had an alert that is just a color change on the watch. I don’t know what that means? Apple Watch alerts usually are in the form of a buzz from the haptic engine of the watch.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It’s interesting how many are shooting this idea down and even becoming defensive. I don’t typically leave my phone behind but I’d be lying if I said I never have. I’d also be lying if I said I’ve never turned around halfway to work after realizing I had left my phone at home. OP isn’t saying everyone needs this feature. He’s simply stating that it would be cool for Apple to integrate an alert feature in the Watch, one that could probably be turned off if the user doesn’t want it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Can you give more info on that feature ?
Cause I didn’t see it on the link you provided...

Sorry, I just noticed your post. After looking into it a little further I realized the alert feature is still in beta. The downside is that you need to have a Tile on you to be alerted. It’s definitely not as convenient as receiving an alert on your Watch. I pretty much always have my Watch but I don’t typically have a Tile on me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner