Hi, few days ago I could scroll to the bottom of an email on my Apple Watch S3 and tap delete, reply etc. Now those options are gone, the only option I have is “Dismiss”

Anyone else notice or have the same problem?
    01-05-2018 10:35 AM
    Hi, few days ago I could scroll to the bottom of an email on my Apple Watch S3 and tap delete, reply etc. Now those options are gone, the only option I have is “Dismiss”

Anyone else notice or have the same problem?
    I say this as somebody who doesn't use their watch for anything but reading email, but try force-pressing on the display while the email is open.
    01-05-2018 12:09 PM
    I say this as somebody who doesn't use their watch for anything but reading email, but try force-pressing on the display while the email is open.
    Thanks for the suggestion but nope, that just makes the screen “bounce” and nothing comes up.
    01-05-2018 12:19 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion but nope, that just makes the screen “bounce” and nothing comes up.
    Are you sure that this is the stock Mail app on the watch and not a notification or a third party mail app?
    01-05-2018 02:02 PM
    Are you sure that this is the stock Mail app on the watch and not a notification or a third party mail app?
    I know outlook did this crap. So annoying. Also had to delete twice from lockscreen when 3D pressing screen. I tried submitting feedback, but nothing happened. I don't know who's at fault. Watch os/ios or Microsoft. There was a thread started a whilst ago. Found My original post. Developer 8 back in August.

Developer Beta 8
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t
    Last edited by Jbrown99; 01-05-2018 at 05:51 PM.
    01-05-2018 05:37 PM
    Try and go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Advanced: Under the heading “Move Discarded Messages Into”, select Deleted Mailbox.
    01-05-2018 06:49 PM
    When I scroll to the bottom of an email message on my Series 3 Watch, I see “reply”. When I select “reply”, then see an additional option of “Reply All”. If I go back to the email listing and then swipe left on one of the messages, I am able to delete it.
    01-05-2018 07:53 PM
    When I scroll to the bottom of an email message on my Series 3 Watch, I see “reply”. When I select “reply”, then see an additional option of “Reply All”. If I go back to the email listing and then swipe left on one of the messages, I am able to delete it.
    On my watch when:

1. I press the Digital Crown
    2. Open mail
    3. Open one of my email accounts
    4. Tap a message to read it
    5. Then 3D Touch on the display

I get four icons: reply, flag, unread (which I assume marks the message unread), and delete (except on my gmail account, which shows archive instead.)

I am guessing that the question is about a notification, not the email app. Most email notifications I get have a red "trash" button when I scroll to the bottom, but iirc sometimes it just says "dismiss". I’m not sure why; maybe these are html messages that cannot be displayed on the watch? I really haven’t paid attention to why. (Though honestly most of my email notifications are for the Gmail InBox app, not from the stock iPhone mail app.)
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-05-2018 10:16 PM
    If you’re ever looking for an email app, check out Airmail. It works really well on the AW, especially when it comes to the notifications.
    01-06-2018 01:45 AM
    On my watch when:

1. I press the Digital Crown
    2. Open mail
    3. Open one of my email accounts
    4. Tap a message to read it
    5. Then 3D Touch on the display

I get four icons: reply, flag, unread (which I assume marks the message unread), and delete (except on my gmail account, which shows archive instead.)

I am guessing that the question is about a notification, not the email app. Most email notifications I get have a red "trash" button when I scroll to the bottom, but iirc sometimes it just says "dismiss". I’m not sure why; maybe these are html messages that cannot be displayed on the watch? I really haven’t paid attention to why. (Though honestly most of my email notifications are for the Gmail InBox app, not from the stock iPhone mail app.)
    Looking back over this thread, I clearly quoted the wrong person. It was my intent to quote the OP. Sorry about that!
    01-06-2018 07:47 AM
    I have the same when I open the mail app myself, it’s when I open it from a notification and scroll to the bottom, there’s no delete button when there was before, annoying!!
    01-07-2018 05:55 AM
    Try and go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Advanced: Under the heading “Move Discarded Messages Into”, select Deleted Mailbox.
    There’s no “Accounts” in “Settings > Mail”
    01-07-2018 05:57 AM
    Yes it’s the stock email app
    01-07-2018 05:58 AM
    There’s no “Accounts” in “Settings > Mail”
    There should be accounts & passwords.

Why am I no longer able to delete emails from my Watch?-img_0355.jpg
    01-07-2018 06:05 AM