Anyone else having this issue after the update? Infuriating ...

My wife and I are Marathon Runner’s with AppleWatch Series 2s. Upon update of our phones and watches to iOS 11.1.1 / WatchOS 4.1 (then 11.1.2), we randomly completely lose entire workouts after completion while using the Apple Workout app. Runs are done sans iPhone. Each data loss is proceeded by another bug: when the run is complete, we end it, view our stats, and hit “Done”. In the Workout app our workout has ended, but when returning to the watch face the running complication is still running and occasionally the additional workout indicator is at the top middle of the screen. This goes on for minutes. Then data is lost
    11-19-2017 08:14 AM
    That would really upset me. I haven’t seen a lost workout yet and I workout a lot. Will def keep an eye out for it though.
    11-19-2017 08:31 AM
    Same here. All of my activity data transferred over to my iPhone when I switched from the iPhone 8 to my iPhone X.
    11-19-2017 09:09 AM
    It hasn't happened to me, either, but I never go sans iPhone when I run.

You can un-pairing the watches and pair without restoring from backup (it takes me about 15 extra minutes to get the settings back the way I like it on the watch, but, then again, I don't have too many third party apps on the watch). The Activity app on the iPhone is where that data is stored, so you won't lose any data.
    11-19-2017 10:46 AM
    It hasn't happened to me, either, but I never go sans iPhone when I run.

You can un-pairing the watches and pair without restoring from backup (it takes me about 15 extra minutes to get the settings back the way I like it on the watch, but, then again, I don't have too many third party apps on the watch). The Activity app on the iPhone is where that data is stored, so you won't lose any data.
    I go for runs sans iPhone all the time and have not had any issues. Mine is a S3, though. That said, I had a S2 Nike plus edition preciously and didn’t have any issues.
    11-19-2017 03:52 PM