Official watchOS 4.1

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I’m surprised nobody posted this yet.

I installed this afternoon; about 30 minutes on my watch. So far, it seems to have solved one problem for me (no more cross-hatched icons for notifications), caused another (notifications stopped haptics when the watch was set to silent at some point this evening; I just restarted the watch to see if that fixes it.)

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I’m running into problems with it I’ve never had before. Running on a Series 0. Blutetooth won’t connect to anything except the phone. Making my HR chest strap completely useless. It also took 20 mins to restart after I turned it off and back on. Not particularly happy at the moment.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

I installed this afternoon; about 30 minutes on my watch. So far, it seems to have solved one problem for me (no more cross-hatched icons for notifications), caused another (notifications stopped haptics when the watch was set to silent at some point this evening; I just restarted the watch to see if that fixes it.)
BTW, restarting the watch fixed that notification issue, and it hasn't returned. I did have one spontaneous restart when I took the watch off power (last week, the same night the notify issue happened) but otherwise all has been good.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I’m running into problems with it I’ve never had before. Running on a Series 0. Blutetooth won’t connect to anything except the phone. Making my HR chest strap completely useless. It also took 20 mins to restart after I turned it off and back on. Not particularly happy at the moment.

How are things working out a few days after your update?

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Still can’t get anything to connect to it through Bluetooth. I’ve unpaired, reset as new, updated all my other stuff. Not sure what is going on at this point.

Boo. I’m gonna hold off then. Wonder if this is an isolated issue or more widespread.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Since 4.1 my serie 3 GPS only, does not connect to my home wifi automatically when my iPhone 8 is off or in airplane mode... like it use to before 4.1...
I know Apple wanted to correct the problem of public wifi for the LTE watch but now how can I connect to my home wifi with my watch ???

My serie 2 on 4.1 connect to wifi with no problem.

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had success with 4.1? It it worth installing at all?

It's been stable and fine for me after the initial hiccups.

The only issue, and this is not an issue for me, is that the Music app on the watch can no longer start music playing on your iPhone as if it was a remote control. Once you start playing music on your iPhone, you can use the "Now Playing" app to control it, but if the Music app is not the most recent app to play media on your iPhone, you have to start music again with the iPhone itself. With watchOS 3, the Music app on the watch could start music playing on the iPhone. Now, the Music app on the watch is for playing media from the watch itself.

I hope that explains it.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Since 4.1 my serie 3 GPS only, does not connect to my home wifi automatically when my iPhone 8 is off or in airplane mode... like it use to before 4.1...

Can anyone with series 3 GPS on watchOS 4.1 and iPhone 8 iOS 11.1.1 test this to see if I’m not alone with this problem ?

I have contact Apple support and they had me unlink my watch and reset my wifi and still no wifi.
I know Apple wanted to correct the problem of public wifi for the LTE watch but now how can I connect to my home wifi with my watch ???

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I gave in and went to 4.1 last night. Did a run this morning with my AirPods paired to my AW and it worked just fine. No disconnects at all.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site

Can anyone with series 3 GPS on watchOS 4.1 and iPhone 8 iOS 11.1.1 test this to see if I’m not alone with this problem ?

I have contact Apple support and they had me unlink my watch and reset my wifi and still no wifi.

Apple support just call me back and confirm that’s it is a watchOS bug and Apple will make a new update for watchos 4 in a few days that will correct the bug !!!

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Watch serie 3 no more able to connect to my home wifi...
Well watchos 4.2 arrived and installed but sadly the bug is still there...

-iPhone 8 iOS 11.2
-Apple Watch serie 3 GPS only watchOS 4.2

Does all of us who have this problem have the same iPhone and serie 3 watch ???

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
For those who add the problem with the watch not connecting to their home wifi anymore.

I did this and it work !

1-I forgot the 2.4 and 5Ghz wifi
2-Turn off wy watch and iPhone
3-Turn on my iPhone and watch
4-Login to my 2.4Ghz wifi
5-Put my iPhone on airplane
And the watch connected to my wifi !!!
8aa8fcb545ec408fd51d5e86aeb2e2bc.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads